Destination D shows Prototype Sorcerer Class Disney Transport Bus

Next Big Thing

To really put the cherry on top of this mess, they should've put a giant screen that runs from the front of the bus to the back of the bus, is blindingly bright, and just shows Disney commercials all bus ride long.

FerretAfros

I bet Japan would think of using this type of technology with there buses.
WDW guests get bombarded with noisy advertisements, flashing lights to further distract other drivers, and schmaltzy birthday greetings. Meanwhile at the Tokyo Disney Resort...
IMG_8075.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

Tokyo_Bay_Maihama_Hotel_Disney_Resort_Cruiser_%282nd_Generation%29.jpg

Smartly appointed and tastefully refined cruisers to transport guests from their hotels to the monorail station, which is no more than a 10 minute walk, but high-frequency shuttles make the journey just that much more enjoyable. But TDR guests don't have to listen to the same noisy advertisement every time they get on a bus, so I guess they'll just have to have a journey in peace; where's the magic in that?

Animaniac93-98

@lazyboy97o made a joke about this in another thread, but isn't there a reason why Universal puts up signs outside their rides warning about strobe lights? Not only does this addition do nothing to solve the real operational issues with the extsting bus system (load time, dispatch time, overall capacity, etc), the sensory overload would be likely be uncomfortable for the seniors and guests with special needs who visit WDW. To say nothing of the fact that the novelty would wear off pretty quickly to anyone using these busses multiple times a day over the course of a week long trip.

And just imagine how fun these will be when the cheerleaders and tour groups start clapping and cheering in synch with the pre-recorded noises.

Last edited:

Luxe

@lazyboy97o made a joke about this in another thread, but isn't there a reason why Universal puts up signs outside their rides warning about strobe lights? Not only does this addition do nothing to solve the real operational issues with the extsting bus system (load time, dispatch time, overall capacity, etc), the sensory overload would be likely be uncomfortable for the seniors and guests with special needs who visit WDW. To say nothing of the fact that the novelty would wear off pretty quickly to anyone using these busses multiple times a day over the course of a week long trip.
Like others said before, I think the intent is not to have a rave going on for the entire trip but a couple short "shows" during the trip. I'm pretty sure that they were running them on repeat in the demo bus so everyone going through had a chance to see it.

Animaniac93-98

Like others said before, I think the intent is not to have a rave going on for the entire trip but a couple short "shows" during the trip. I'm pretty sure that they were running them on repeat in the demo bus so everyone going through had a chance to see it.

Regardless of how long or frequent they are, I still feel that it is superfluous and obnoxious. Others will certainly enjoy them, but in the case of Disney Transport I do prefer effeciency over some kind of onboard show.

Luxe

Regardless of how long or frequent they are, I still feel that they are superfluous and obnoxious. Others will certainly enjoy them, but in the case of Disney Transport I do prefer effeciency over some kind of onboard show.
It's not negatively impacting efficiency though, it's just giving the passengers something to look at on an otherwise boring night ride where you can't see any sights anyways.

Lot's of people complaining they would rather have a new bus design, what can you do to the current bus to increase efficiency, capacity and load/unload time? I'm not trying to be snarky I'm just genuinely curious if anyone has any ideas that would improve bus transportation.

lazyboy97o

It's not negatively impacting efficiency though, it's just giving the passengers something to look at on an otherwise boring night ride where you can't see any sights anyways.

Lot's of people complaining they would rather have a new bus design, what can you do to the current bus to increase efficiency, capacity and load/unload time? I'm not trying to be snarky I'm just genuinely curious if anyone has any ideas that would improve bus transportation.
This can't be going on at night during your ride. That would be dangerous. There is a reason why the night rides are in the dark.

Soarin' Over Pgh

A more efficient load/unload for wheelchair/ecv and a dedicated folded-stroller parking would be a great start. A faster speed fold/unfold ramp. A stroller park (think bike park) would keep them from being in the aisles.

More efficient seating arrangements would also help.

Luxe

A more efficient load/unload for wheelchair/ecv and a dedicated folded-stroller parking would be a great start. A faster speed fold/unfold ramp. A stroller park (think bike park) would keep them from being in the aisles.

More efficient seating arrangements would also help.
Some great ideas for sure. Problem with a stroller park is the strollers people are bringing into the parks these days vary in size from two umbrellas and a tarp on wheels to portable campers that can seat 12 children. As long as they make it big enough to fit most reasonable sized ones it would help save some space and possibly encourage people to leave the tank strollers at the hotel.

1fbddbeb92d4968e8662a16506861e9e.jpg

I spent many trips back in the day in a stroller similar to this bad boy. Lightweight, compact and folded up into virtually nothing. I'm constantly stunned at some of the vehicles people are toting their children around in these days. If you need more than one person to lift it onto a bus, it's too big.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Some great ideas for sure. Problem with a stroller park is the strollers people are bringing into the parks these days vary in size from two umbrellas and a tarp on wheels to portable campers that can seat 12 children. As long as they make it big enough to fit most reasonable sized ones it would help save some space and possibly encourage people to leave the tank strollers at the hotel.

1fbddbeb92d4968e8662a16506861e9e.jpg

I spent many trips back in the day in a stroller similar to this bad boy. Lightweight, compact and folded up into virtually nothing. I'm constantly stunned at some of the vehicles people are toting their children around in these days. If you need more than one person to lift it onto a bus, it's too big.

I saw a triple wide stroller absolutely overflowing with bags and children stuffed into it. Took three adults to fold up and people were tripping over it on the bus to AK.

I'm pretty sure I said a silent prayer that I wouldn't be stuck anywhere in line behind that behemoth on wheels inside the park.

brb1006

Original Poster
Since it's a demo, I imagine they're showing off all the possibilities rather than a realistic experience. I'd bet the different "experiences" or "light shows" would take place over the course of the journey and vary quite a bit rather than just back-to-back-to-back.
That's what I was thinking

ogryn

Out of all the rubbish ideas Disney have had recently this is not one of them. The #1 complaint you see about the busses online is how they're not magical enough and just like any bus you could ride in any city in the world. Then they come up with something a bit unique and now it's not boring enough! Under normal usage it's not that different from the lighting package on the 787s.

As a kid I would have loved this - thought it was really special and it would be one of the things I would have raved about when I was home. One of my favourite memories as a teenager from the Alton Towers' hotel was that the elevators have flashing lights in them and play the Alton Towers theme music as you go up and down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom