Destination America - Disney Documentaries

MJCota

Anyone else watching the Disney documentaries on Destination America tonight (Monday night)? We are snuggling in the bed as a family and watching it in excitement knowing we will be there next month :) Soo, soo exciting to see all the stuff we can't wait to do!! I love these docs and they never get old, unless you are not planning a trip soon, then it's depressing!! LOL.

KCheatle

We did!!!!! I loved the Resorts one!! My DD actually pulled a "me" and said "ARGH! I can't watch anymore because it makes me want to go back so bad!!" It was so cool to see the new stuff because all of the old shows don't have the new FLE shots in them!

And, I also learned some things! I didn't realize the hotels on the monorail were specifically linked to sections of MK! It seems obvious now, but I didn't realize it!

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

Anyone else watching the Disney documentaries on Destination America tonight (Monday night)? We are snuggling in the bed as a family and watching it in excitement knowing we will be there next month :) Soo, soo exciting to see all the stuff we can't wait to do!! I love these docs and they never get old, unless you are not planning a trip soon, then it's depressing!! LOL.
I bought this channel because of the Disney shows. We watched it last night knowing this Friday we will be there. Loved the resort show.

Upvote 0

MJCota

Original Poster
It was so exciting to watch! I had a dream about us going last night and my son said he didn't want to stay at the AKL so we let him stay in another hotel by himself (he's 8 btw) LOL!! Then in my dream he told me he didn't like Disney World and wanted to go home..then something about an arcade and money in my sock..idk, I guess that's what I get for eating ice cream before bed ;) I loved it and found it awesome that they built the contemp. resorts rooms in full off site then moved them to the hotel. How cool is that?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We watched them, too! I was staying up to make our FP+ (our "60 days from arrival" started at midnight), and it was a great way to keep myself enthused.

I was also glad to see they've finally cut references to an operational Yeti in their coverage of Expedition Everest! I don't mind the broken Yeti so much when I'm not seeing "false advertising" about how awesome he is and what a great technological innovation, etc. :) They actually showed the climax of the attraction with the Yeti in disco mode. Of course, they also cleverly interspersed it with close-ups of Joe Rohde's left ear, in order to entice viewers to avert their eyes... ;)

Upvote 0

MJCota

Original Poster
My grandmother lives with us (we care for her) and she's been watching them every night and telling my son all about which rides he needs to go on for her. She can't go with us (the heat is bad for her because of certain meds and even though we'd get a scooter it'd still be to much for her) but she's excited for him. He told her he's honor all of GiGi's requests!! Very, very excited!! I can't wait to go and I just have a feeling March and the beginning of April is going to draaaggggggggggggg.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We recorded the new resorts one and watched it last night, I thought it was well done and made me want to go now! We did wonder why they didn't devote more time to the All Stars?! o_O;)

Upvote 0

stevehousse

I just posted a thread about this in the MM+ section of the forum, but did anyone notice the young boy in the MM+ section of the show was wearing a brand new looking magic band that was pirate themed? This was not a cover or slide, it looked more symmetrical and was gold/brown color almost like it was a dirty pirate map? Idk but it didn't look anything like the ones out now...

Upvote 0

joshsprincess921

I've been watching (and recording them to watch over again)!! I just love it. I've been several times, but my fiance has never been. We are planning a Disneymoon so I'm excited for him to watch the specials as well!

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

Makes me want to go back to Disneyland (haven't been since '77). Problem is with a family of four, to fly out there, would be way too much, especially since we prefer to go at Christmastime and can drive to Florida.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom