Dessert Party Available Dates

nngrendel

Original Poster
So far Sept 2012 has not been available to book yet for the Wishes Dessert Party. Each day I cant help myself and I check on-line for availability and the dates after the month of July is grayed out.

This afternoon I look and you can now click on all the dates for August and some dates in Sept. A quick call to WDW-DINE and I was told they haven't started booking after May yet.

Wonder why the dates are no longer grayed out on-line now. Does this mean they are about to open up some dates??? :drevil:

Tinkerbella16

Sorry I cant answer your question, but have you gone to this event before? I really am thinking about it for my September trip, but I dont know the cost.. Sounds like a great event!

I too am waiting to book the dessert party. We are planning to go the first week in June.
I have been checking 3 or 4 times a day in the hope the dates open up, putting the time difference into consideration.

Someone on here told me not to rely on the website for availability and to call them but when I did they only had the same dates available thats on the site but said it should only be a matter of days. I'm now at the 62 day mark so hopefully it will be very soon.

Regarding the calendar days not being greyed out, the only thing I can think of is maybe it automatically makes 180 days available to try, but not sure :shrug:

nngrendel

Original Poster
Sorry I cant answer your question, but have you gone to this event before? I really am thinking about it for my September trip, but I dont know the cost.. Sounds like a great event!

No I have not but wanted to go to this back in 2010. However we have 5 kids and I couldn't see spending that much for all of us to go for dessert. However this trip is just my wife and I so its way within our budget. Dont quote me but think its about $25 a person??

I too am waiting to book the dessert party. We are planning to go the first week in June.
I have been checking 3 or 4 times a day in the hope the dates open up, putting the time difference into consideration.

Someone on here told me not to rely on the website for availability and to call them but when I did they only had the same dates available thats on the site but said it should only be a matter of days. I'm now at the 62 day mark so hopefully it will be very soon.

Regarding the calendar days not being greyed out, the only thing I can think of is maybe it automatically makes 180 days available to try, but not sure :shrug:

Yeah there is no rhyme or reason to it. Just strange how the days showed up on the site now.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
If Wishes is on at 9pm, is it best to book for 8pm or 9pm?

As I recall, the different times are really set just so that everybody won't show up to get seated at once. You're seeing the same show and can stay around the same amount of time afterwards (as long as there isn't another Wishes that night) and your table is reserved for you and will only be used once for each showing of Wishes. So, book whatever time you want, but show up whenever you want to get seated, and they'll seat you.

One tip. If MSEP is running and you get there early enough, you can watch MSEP from the Terrace as well. The view isn't great, but it isn't terrible either.

That I am not sure of. How long can you stay at the Dessert Party? I know that most table service reservations gives you 2 hours. Is the Dessert Party the same?

When I did this a couple years ago, I stuck around for about 45 minutes after the fireworks, after arriving about 45 minutes before they started. There were still desserts out, and a PhotoPass photographer was there for shots of you with the castle in the background.

photo.jpg

So go early, stay late. Nobody is gonna kick you out until they are ready to clear the place out entirely. The tables don't need to turn over.

DTM93

I was just wondering does that mean that July isn't available yet or has July sold out already? I can't find a single date at all!

I was just wondering does that mean that July isn't available yet or has July sold out already? I can't find a single date at all!

Dates in July have not yet opened. June only opened up last week so i'd say you've a few weeks left yet before it becomes available, but do keep trying everyday because it just happens out the blue.

DTM93

^
Oooh thank you for letting me know, I was beginning to panic then that I wasn't going to get a space.
I wonder why they don't 'grey' it out?

Tinkerbella16

That's good to know because I had no idea that you had to wait till they opened up for reservations for certain months. I'm waiting for September!

My count was at the 62 day mark before the date I wanted opened up ( June 3rd).

After I booked it, I went back on a few days later, just to see if it was still available. That particular date wasn't anymore, but the days surrounding it were.
I may be wrong but i'm thinking that maybe they only have a certain number of spots available to book through the website, and all others have to be done via a phonecall to reservations.

So if you see dates surrounding the one you want are available but yours isn't, it may be worth giving them a call.

LuLaSue

I called yesterday to book some exta tours and asked about August dates, they said they were still in June...

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I did this December 15 for Wishes. It is worth every penny of the price. Great desserts, top notch firework viewing, not fighting people for viewing spots. It really is much more than just desserts, it is a chance to be able to RELAX and ENJOY the fireworks.

Relevant to discussion, We booked our December 15 seating in Mid-October.

nngrendel

Original Poster
If no one has noticed...

July dates are now open for the Dessert Party for July.
I was able to get available dates for this month just now.

Tinkerbella16

If no one has noticed...

July dates are now open for the Dessert Party for July.
I was able to get available dates for this month just now.

Thats great! Someone had posted a thread earlier that they were able to book. Good to know.. at least now I know they start taking ADR's for this 2 months in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom