designing digital scrapbook pages for photo books

kbmum

Original Poster
I'm new to digital scrapbooking. How can I get the dimensions for photo book pages from various companies (Artscow, Kodak, Photoworks, Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc.)? I've poked around some of the sites, but didn't see any page sizes listed. I'm concerned about designing pages and having parts cut off when the books are printed.

mouselvrmom

You definitely have to be careful when composing a page that you pay attention to areas that may be near the center where the book is bound.

For instance, I use shutterfly. For their 12x12 book, the actual dimensions are 11.95x11.95. I just use those dimensions and make sure that I don't have any titles or journaling too close to the inside end.

shutterfly actually has templates for their books so that you can make sure you are getting the right page dimension. I'm not sure about any of the other sites. Does this answer your question in any way?

Hopefully someone else will chime in as well. :)

Fran98765

I've made several books from both Shutterfly and Artscow. I always create my pages at 12x12. I resize to 7.75 x 7.75 prior to uploading to both sites for an 8x8 book. Even with that reduction in size, I still have to make sure nothing like text is too close to the edges, especially on the binding side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom