Describe your memories of River Country to those who never visited

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
So I guess on closer inspection it just "looks" like stone you are sliding on when going down the slide with the tubes. Neat look though. But even from that video above a couple of posts it is funny because I can think of at least a couple things that people wouldn't let their kids do anymore, which is sad.

So why not re-open it? Would it be that bad to spread the crowds around a bit? Aren't three water parks better than two? Someone said they are competing against themselves when they do this, yeah, but it is all Disney isn't it?

Bairstow

So I guess on closer inspection it just "looks" like stone you are sliding on when going down the slide with the tubes. Neat look though. But even from that video above a couple of posts it is funny because I can think of at least a couple things that people wouldn't let their kids do anymore, which is sad.

So why not re-open it? Would it be that bad to spread the crowds around a bit? Aren't three water parks better than two? Someone said they are competing against themselves when they do this, yeah, but it is all Disney isn't it?

Disney shouldn't/can't rebuild River Country, for a number of reasons, but I think they absolutely should build a "River Country" that cashes in on the name and uses a similar theme. A more rustic, American backwoods aesthetic would set a third water park apart from the tropical setting of Universal's and Sea World's offerings.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Disney shouldn't/can't rebuild River Country, for a number of reasons, but I think they absolutely should build a "River Country" that cashes in on the name and uses a similar theme. A more rustic, American backwoods aesthetic would set a third water park apart from the tropical setting of Universal's and Sea World's offerings.

Alright, so what are the reasons they can't re-build it again? I know they exist, and perhaps they are good reasons but if it isn't anything to do with the "bad" water, then why not? It would take some cleaning up, but you've already got half of what you need. Like I said, the only thing better than two different water parks is three different ones. No, it won't be as grand or explosive as Volcano Bay, but it doesn't have to be. People will flock to it regardless.

Bairstow

Alright, so what are the reasons they can't re-build it again? I know they exist, and perhaps they are good reasons but if it isn't anything to do with the "bad" water, then why not? It would take some cleaning up, but you've already got half of what you need. Like I said, the only thing better than two different water parks is three different ones. No, it won't be as grand or explosive as Volcano Bay, but it doesn't have to be. People will flock to it regardless.
The original site has already been devoted for resort use, is too close to open water, is too small for a Typhoon/Blizzard-class waterpark and the necessary infrastructure/parking, and is too close to the Magic Kingdom and would put unacceptable strain on World Drive.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Here's my memory of River Country. Back in 1993 when I was 13, Went there for the afternoon, two days later I developed a terrible ear infection and had go on antibiotics.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Took my little brother on his 1st Disney trip, he was 8 years old, he is now 32! Went to River Country and had a good time.
I can't swim so, I was nervous!
But I remember the rugged atmosphere, the moldy rocks and vegetation. I also remember there was a Dippin Dots icecream cart.
Good times!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom