deposit required for reservations

zengoth

Original Poster
Sorry if this is old news - I googled it and found nothing...

I've made reservations by phone for years. This week I was asked to leave a $10/per PERSON deposit for a reservation a week away.

I've read that "some" WDW restaurants have required this since Fall 2011, but have not found a list anywhere.

Again - this is the first time I've encountered this, despite making reservations on a regular basis.

Any news, tips or a link to the mysterious "list" would be a great help! Thanx

G00fyDad

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wal...-the-requirment-of-credit-card-guarantees.htm

I'm not sure that's an exhaustive list, but it has some info on the change as well.

Also, note that it's not a "deposit", but instead a cancellation charge. It should only be charged to your credit card you gave in the event you are a no show for the reservation.

And that charge will only happen if you cancel within the 24 hour window. 25+ hours out and you will not be charged.

Sweet Melissa

Not necessarily. They require one for Chef Mickey's and SciFi now and neither of those are signature.

I didn't know Sci-Fi required a credit card hold now. I'm surprised it ranks at that level of popularity. For now it's mostly signatures, character meals and very popular spots, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a resort-wide policy soon.

G00fyDad

I didn't know Sci-Fi required a credit card hold now. I'm surprised it ranks at that level of popularity. For now it's mostly signatures, character meals and very popular spots, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a resort-wide policy soon.

It probably will be soon. Too many people making ADR's that they do not show up for. I only booked Chef Mickey's and Sci Fi since we will be "winging" the rest. Those are just two that we know for certain without any doubt that we will be doing on those specific days. When I called to get the ADR's the CM asked for a credit card hold for the ADR's. I asked her if she was serious because we have never had to use a cc to reserve seats at either of those places before now. She said that Disney is requiring them for more and more places now but did not give a reason for it.

disneysince71

I think it is all restaurants now. About 2 weeks ago I had to leave one for Plaza..... which is a place we have NEVER had to leave one before. :)

nepalostparks

I think it is all restaurants now. About 2 weeks ago I had to leave one for Plaza..... which is a place we have NEVER had to leave one before. :)

We just made a reservation last week for Tony's Town Square for this past Saturday, and no credit card was required. So it isn't every restaurant, at least not yet.

Over the last few months, we've also made ressies at Turf Club at Saratoga and a few other places around property, and no credit card required there either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom