Departure times Flying out of Miami

A*B*H

Original Poster
hello!
We’ve been on multiple Disney cruises, but this is our first out of Miami. I know Disney has time frame recommendations for flights. However, when sailing out of Port Canaveral, we typically got to the airport way earlier than expected. So- my question is to any who have sailed from Miami and flew out same day, what’s the earliest flight we can safely book? If the ship returns at 7:30a, is 9a too early to fly out? We would be using Disney shuttle transport to the airport. Thank you for any advice!

love disney

I haven't sailed out of Miami but my guess is that a 9am flight out is far too early. It will likely take about 20 minutes from the port to the airport, add on time to get off the ship, wait for the shuttle to fill up, etc., plus the possibility of security at the airport taking a LONG time I wouldn't book a flight before 11am or noon at the earliest. I would rather sit around the airport and wait a while then take a risk at missing my flight. Have a fun trip!

Fear

Haven't sailed out of Miami before but had to book flights for our April trip. Nothing back home before 10.00am and I didn't want to risk it, so we're flying out at around 4.00pm. They apparently have a bag check near the hotel in the airport so we're just going to drop off our bags for a few hours and see a bit of the town before flying out.

Phonedave

hello!
We’ve been on multiple Disney cruises, but this is our first out of Miami. I know Disney has time frame recommendations for flights. However, when sailing out of Port Canaveral, we typically got to the airport way earlier than expected. So- my question is to any who have sailed from Miami and flew out same day, what’s the earliest flight we can safely book? If the ship returns at 7:30a, is 9a too early to fly out? We would be using Disney shuttle transport to the airport. Thank you for any advice!

In a word, yes. It is too early

For 9:00 AM flights, I would want to be AT the airport before 7:30. Clearly that is not going to happen. Could you make a 9:00 AM flight, maybe, but too many things have to go right in order for it to happen. One glitch, and you are going to be looking at a closed jetway door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom