Departing via Amtrak

imthewalrus79

Hi. I have a trip coming up. I was looking at the possibility of making my journey home via Amtrak train. If anyone else has done this, I was wondering if you could help me answer a few questions:

1) Both the Orlando and Kissimmee stations look to be about the same amount of miles from the resort. Is one of them easier to get to than the other? Is one easier to deal with than the other? What are the dining options like at or near each of the stations?

2) Without a car (personal or rental), are there other options to get to the stations from the resorts other than taxi, Uber or Lyft?

3) How long before your train is due to depart would you recommend getting to the station?

Thank you everyone for any help you can offer.

James J

In the Parks
No
If taking the bus to DS, can you then take your luggage on a Disney bus? I wasn’t aware you could take luggage onto the resort buses.
Nope, no luggage is allowed. We got away with doing so in 2015 to go to DS because we didn't know any different, and as the bus was empty due to it being early morning the driver probably didn't say anything, but it's not actually permitted.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Nope, no luggage is allowed. We got away with doing so in 2015 to go to DS because we didn't know any different, and as the bus was empty due to it being early morning the driver probably didn't say anything, but it's not actually permitted.
Wasn’t sure but when we stayed at OKW last month, many people were getting on the bus with luggage. Maybe because it’s a hike and a half to Hospitality House? No one said anything each time we saw it. I was too nervous to try it and just called bell services and we hitched a ride on the golf cart they drove.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
Wasn’t sure but when we stayed at OKW last month, many people were getting on the bus with luggage. Maybe because it’s a hike and a half to Hospitality House? No one said anything each time we saw it. I was too nervous to try it and just called bell services and we hitched a ride on the golf cart they drove.
Potentially because of the hike, yeah. For us back in 2015, Virgin had a check in desk at DS for Brits flying back to the UK so we just got on the bus not knowing we shouldn't be! Looking at https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/guest-services/bus-transportation/, it says:

Know Before You Go​

Some routes may require you to transfer buses. No luggage or alcohol of any type is permitted on Walt Disney World Resort buses. All strollers must be folded and stowed out of the aisle. Medical strollers for Guests with disabilities will be treated as wheelchairs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom