Demo bus at Disney Transport

Originally posted by Invero
"Disney Transport" consists of:

Property wide Bus Operations (includes Cast Shuttles)
Monorail Operations
Magic Kingdom Watercraft Operations

From what I'm to hear, the Friendship Cruisers have recently become part of Disney Transport.

Tyler, just to update you, Disney Transport does indeed controll Busses, Monorails and MK Watercraft. After that each division is once again its own entity.

Transport does not control Friendships though, those still fall under the Attractions category because they originated, and still operate within the Epcot Park.

MK Watercraft operates 1 current, with a second being overhauld, AK version of the Frienship Vessels for firework charters, and firework charters only, they are for no use in any sort of transportation role.

Invero

Original Poster
As of last year, I was told that Friendships were being transitioned into Disney Transport, and that they were going to be getting transportation grade pay levels.

Perhaps that fell through?

CPStaceyQ

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
To my understanding yep. They still fall under attraction guidelines according to my managers...

They ARE attractions, yes, but what Archi does not know is that Friendship cast members are in the same union as MK watercraft, which enables them to tranfer over and automatically bump up to the labor grade and pay rate immediately without the penalty period of two or three years like people from other areas have to do.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
the Friendship drivers are Teamsters?

SEIU must be ed.. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom