Deluxe Dining !

Frankie Nova

Original Poster
The dining plan offered now does "Not" include an appetizer do they offer you the appetizer in place of the dessert? If not why not make that option available, it is probably relatively close in price
I am not a dessert kind of guy.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Officially, no, but some restaurants will make exceptions. They won't sub for a full appetizer, but they might sub for something along the lines of a side salad, cup of soup, etc.

The reason why they don't is your average dessert costs much less to make than an average appetizer.

Frankie Nova

Original Poster
Officially, no, but some restaurants will make exceptions. They won't sub for a full appetizer, but they might sub for something along the lines of a side salad, cup of soup, etc.

The reason why they don't is your average dessert costs much less to make than an average appetizer.
they do sub for soup salad or a fruit bowl

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
they do sub for soup salad or a fruit bowl
Correct, that is what I said, but is goes case by case. I don't know of any of the Disney owned restaurants that will not sub out for the soup, salad, fruit thing, but it gets a bit dicey when you are at a non-Disney owned restaurant.

ABQ

The deluxe dining no longer includes an appetizer? I thought, at least for table service meals, it specifically does include an appetizer and a dessert. 2017 and 2018. With this little footnote on desserts : "*Ask your server about potential substitutions, but substitutions are not guaranteed."

Andrew M

The Deluxe Dining plan does indeed include an appetizer, entree, dessert and beverage (non-alcoholic until 2018).

crxbrett

When I went in 2006 the dining plan allowed you to choose if you wanted to use it for either an appetizer or dessert. It was nice. I think when I went back in 2008 they had already done away with that, though. I like apps just as much as desserts though, so either way I would have to pay for one or the other since I get the 2nd tier plan.

Frankie Nova

Original Poster
When I went in 2006 the dining plan allowed you to choose if you wanted to use it for either an appetizer or dessert. It was nice. I think when I went back in 2008 they had already done away with that, though. I like apps just as much as desserts though, so either way I would have to pay for one or the other since I get the 2nd tier plan.
with the DDP you actually get both now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom