Delta Dream Flight/Buzz Lightyear

goofy

Original Poster
Am i right in sayin the first was replaced by the 2nd

i have just watched a video of the ride from

www.digitaldisney.com

and it looks to be the same track layou as buzz. Is this true. Even the hyperspace/journey into futrue (the tunnel that makes it look like you are goin round and round) seems to be the same place just a different color of light and wen u go through the tunnel u get wat is like a video clip all round the room. This is on both rides

even the cars llok the same. Has didney pulled a fast 1 and just rethemed a ride. Is this the first time they have done it?

Am i right in sayin at the end of dream flight they had a delta airways mock cabin that u could go in and it was just like a real plane any1 got any pics

Rooster

If You had wings - Dreamflight - Buzz Lightyear.

All three have shared the same space. All three have used the same basic set up but were re-themed. IYHW was much more like DF than DF like Buzz Lightyear. Good catch though. I gues a simpler response would have been, "yes, your correct":cool:

MCMike37

Actually, I would tend to agree that they used the exact same track. Remembering back to the two previous rides, they would have the trck set up to maximize the space to do things in, so when redoing the ride all they had to do was tear out the scenery and replace it. Also, the WEDWay has a window to look in on the ride, I remember seeing If You Had Wings and Dreamflight from the WedWay in the same place and with the same track layout.

Plus it just makes more sense then completely gutting the ride and all the mechanics of it if you can just use it again.

As far as being the first time they have done this, just about. The only other ride that I can think of that they changed but kept the same track layout is Journey Into Imagination.

MrPromey

Yes, the track is exactly the same. The fiberglass cars are the same as well but the base have been modified to give users control of the motion through the joystick…If you want to see another place where Disney has done this look right over at the other side of tomorrowland to Alien Encounter. For that matter look at Test Track, most of the basic track layout is the same as world of motions, minus the spin outside the building. TMAOWTP, in Fantasyland's building used to house Mr. Toads Wild ride. To some degree, a lot of newer attractions have some part of them that was part of the attraction they replaced weather it be the track and cars or just the building. I don't think they are really doing anything sneaky with this… That is unless you bring up JIYI…. Then… I'll just… start to cry :(

Tramp

I love nostalgia as much as the next guy....but Buzz Lightyear is "lightyears" better than 'if you had wings.'

It's interactive play for the WHOLE FAMILY....and kids can do as well as their parents....this is a FUN ride.

Now, if they can only make sure that the guns work and are aligned properly...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom