Delivery Service?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I dont know 100% about all stars but last year during our stay they changed the policy for POR, and you had to collect pacages from the main building. It was not exactly a major trauma, but only the person named was allowed to pick up the package, and you had to have ID. Im sure it was the same for all resorts, cause i recall a little insert in thebooklet I received at arrival detailing the change.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

Package delivery is awesome. They don't deliver to your room anymore I think since 9-11. You just have to pick them up at the giftshop. It makes it so much easier to shop. It's usually takes a day for your packages to arrive so remember that when you are nearing the end of your trip. Shop on!!

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
Package delivery is awesome. They don't deliver to your room anymore I think since 9-11. You just have to pick them up at the giftshop. It makes it so much easier to shop. It's usually takes a day for your packages to arrive so remember that when you are nearing the end of your trip. Shop on!!
It's not a 9-11 thing. As I understand it there were a small percentage of guests who would claim that items were missing from their bags when they opened them, or that a bag was not delivered to the room.

Now you have to collect you bags from the hotel foyer, generally the gift shop or likewise and sign for them to say that you have collected them.

It's unfortunate that a small number of dishonest guests spoilt this service for the rest, however having the bags deliverd to the resort is still infinitely better than having to carry them all the way from the parks or DTD.

Upvote 0

SteveUK

Original Poster
Thanks. Picking things up from the foyer is good enough for me. I just like to be able to buy what I like when I see it and not have to worry about carrying it around all day.
The service may have stopped after Sept 11th but not as a direct result of it. Although it could be part of a cost cutting exercise prompted by a drop in tourism after 9-11?

Upvote 0

Brett67

I just returned from WL last week and had no problems with delivery to my room. I would ask at your resort however what their policy is regarding weekend delivery. At WL packages are not delivered on Saturday and Sunday so be careful.
:animwink:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

When we went May/June of this year at All Star Movies..you did pick packages up at the Gift Shop...I would highly recommend NOT going late in the evening after all the parks are closed...everyone else has that same idea! They will call your room and leave a message for you to let you know when your parcels are ready to be picked up. Still a great service esp. when travelling with a herd of kids...oops I mean a lovely group of small children!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I didn't realize that WL had delivery to the rooms. In January we had to pick up at the Mercantile. (Were you in concierge? They will deliver to your room).

Yes, package delivery is wonderful .

One tip: When you are buying your stuff, mention that you want delivery before the CM begins to ring it up. There is extra paperwork involved which requires a copy of the receipt.

You will be finished quicker, and the CM doesn't have to re-do the transaction.

Everybody wins!!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Catch 22
It's not a 9-11 thing. As I understand it there were a small percentage of guests who would claim that items were missing from their bags when they opened them, or that a bag was not delivered to the room.

"Mmmmmmmmm................Lets go on holiday and see how much we can rip out of Disney"

Some people are real b*stards

Upvote 0

Lilo

When I went in February we had stayed at the Contemporary and MK said they would deliver it to our room. So I guess it depends on where you stay:confused:

This time (Thanksgiving) we will be staying at the Beach Club.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

The other thing is...Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge are deluxe resorts. It wouldn't surprise me if they deliver to the rooms, but not to the rooms at All Stars.

Picking a package up at your resort is still better than dragging it with you all day.

Upvote 0

Scooter

My wife and I stay at the Contemporary alot.

We also shop alot.:animwink:

Sometimes we do the 12th floor Conceirge..sometimes we don't.

They WILL deliver gifts to your room...but ONLY if you stay in a Conceirge room. If you do NOT stay in a Conceirge room, you can pick up your gifts at The Bay View Gifts Shop.

It's not really that inconvieniant for us because we always end our days strolling though the gift shops anyway...it's become a ritual for us...spend the day at the park..shop at the park...go back to the Resort and rest...then go to the Gifts shops at the resort. No wonder we spend so much money..:p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom