Delivery Of Magic Bands

wdwstateofmind

Got ours this Tuesday....I hate to be the stick in the mud, but MOST UNCOMFORTABLE THING EVER...the RFID part is so narrow that I can't imagine no one else has complained about this...overall though, just happy they came...

cw1982

I've got a timing question. I plan on leaving my home 10 days prior to my check-in date to visit out-of-town relatives then spend a couple of days at the beach. How many days prior to your check-in date do they ship the bands? Should I be concerned that they may arrive at my home after I've left? Do I Ned to arrange for them to be picked up at the resort? Or will they arrive comfortably prior to my leaving?

I know in the My Disney Experience website, I have until May 1 to customize our bands for our June 1 trip, so I'm assuming they will ship soon after that... but that's just my best guess.

I would call Disney if I was you. If it's an issue, maybe they can have your bands shipped to the hotel like I have heard that they do for international guests?

Rob562

Got ours this Tuesday....I hate to be the stick in the mud, but MOST UNCOMFORTABLE THING EVER...the RFID part is so narrow that I can't imagine no one else has complained about this...overall though, just happy they came...

I haven't worn them personally (yet), but I've read a few people post on here that they got more comfortable after wearing them a couple days and they get broken-in.

-Rob

wdwstateofmind

I haven't worn them personally (yet), but I've read a few people post on here that they got more comfortable after wearing them a couple days and they get broken-in.

-Rob
I sure hope so cause right now it's pretty much only 'comfortable' upside down...shortening it to size helped a bit but wasn't enough

Clamman73

I beg to differ...saw your post and thought to try my band from October again to see for myself... Not that big of a deal to wear it... It's like having a watch on.

Thought it almost disappeared on my wrist as the day went on while in the World.

dvitali

I've got a timing question. I plan on leaving my home 10 days prior to my check-in date to visit out-of-town relatives then spend a couple of days at the beach. How many days prior to your check-in date do they ship the bands? Should I be concerned that they may arrive at my home after I've left? Do I Ned to arrange for them to be picked up at the resort? Or will they arrive comfortably prior to my leaving?
Just got a email from the Disney travel agency they say they mail the magic band 28 days before your vacation which is the same day you get to customized them online. I am going May 17-24 so the day they will mail them and I got to customized them is April 19. I pray that they send them by the post office or UPS and not FedEx (I have a lot of problem with FedEx delivering to my apartment].

mykiddiewinks

^^^^ This is exactly the question I came on here to find the answer too, we are cruising (not Disney) the week prior to check in and want to know if they will arrive before we leave.

cw1982

Just call Disney and ask. Like I said before, they should be able to have the bands sent to your hotel if you think you might not be home when they arrive.

mergatroid

Well we've just had a really close call. Have a holiday home near Haines City and my dad has been there the last few weeks and left today. We ordered our magic bands well over 10 days ago after my dad rang Disney to explain he was leaving today and to see if it was better having them sent to our neighbour who lives there permanently. The lady told him that they'd definitely be there before he left so advised they be delivered to our address and not the neighbours. She did say if they arrived after he'd left that they'd have them deactivated and send replacements free for when we go in September as they would have failed there 10 day delivery window and so it would be their failure.

We've been tracking them via MDE and they were shipped USPS. My dad left for the airport today at 1.30pm to come back to the UK. Luckily the packages arrived at 12.55pm today just in time, talk about cutting it fine!!!!!

jlsHouston

I'm so disappointed, I just got my AP MB and it didn't have that little dohickey thing on it like everyone else in the pics:(
I guess they think I have to many.
I only need the gray one to have all the colors.

Gemma1878

Mine are going straight to the hotel as live in the uk. I customised mine a while ago when I rang Disney over linking my reservation to my Disney account and I don't arrive until June?! o_O

lostpro9het

What's this doohickey thing you speak of?
image-1.jpg

mergatroid

Thanks but what the heck is it and what does it do? Our magic bands arrived in our place in Florida the other day and my dad who was there took delivery of them. They're still boxed up till we arrive in September to open them so I've no idea what's in the package with them? Sorry to be a pain but I'm intrigued?

lostpro9het

Thanks but what the heck is it and what does it do?
It's basically just "Band Bling". It doesn't do anything other than slide on your band before you clasp the band on.

They're still boxed up till we arrive in September to open them so I've no idea what's in the package with them?
You'll also have a discount card in the box which gets you your free parking and discounts at restaurants and stores.

Sorry to be a pain but I'm intrigued?
No pain! Nothing wrong with asking questions....unless it's about pool hopping ;-).

DizneyPryncess

Ours shipped the day after the customization option ended. We got an email confirming shipment, and a tracking number for USPS. That was March 29th, so they haven't arrived yet. Probably a few more days, maybe tomorrow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom