deleted

jaques21

I feel the nostalgia for the older rides but at the same time to me it makes sense for them to do what they are doing. Many of the rides that we love had building issues or were never running properly to begin with it (though when they did AWESOME), but you got to remember they are in the business of making money. I see it as you only hold on to a car if its good and running, as soon as it gives a hiccup you get an estimate and if its too much you get something new. Many will say "but Disney has the money to fix or update", yes they do BUT they are the ones holding the money, and they are updating fixing older rides and building new rides. As far as IPs and Non=IPs im ok with whatever as long as I'm able to escape and be immersed in the attraction then great! its all good in the end, Walt always wanted progress. I don't know just my 2 cents.

bigrigross

Then you must have really loved the blockbuster known as the Navi River Journey.

As someone who cannot do fast rides due to a balance disorder, Navi River Journey is a nice calm ride and enjoyable to go through. Not sure where you are getting off that its a bad ride. Short to be sure, but still a fun ride. Not everyone wants a thrill ride. I wont be able to ride any rides at SWL due to the movement thats expected.

bpadair32

My favorite con of all is when Iger says that the parks are too crowded, so we must raise prices.

Counterpoint: The numerous complaints on these forums and others that the parks are too crowded, lines are too long, and there is no slow season anymore.

They are hoping that you don't notice that it's all one big hustle for your cash while providing you with the minimum effort.

I have a good time. My family and friends have a good time. Thats not a con, thats me paying for entertainment and getting it.

Then you must have really loved the blockbuster known as the Navi River Journey.

They are completely different rides. And while I agree that I wish Navi was better it is still a stunning ride, and shows quite a bit of imagination in bringing a fictional land to life.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
A broken clock doesn't move. It remains inactive and lacks any purpose. It doesn't build new attractions and lands.
You must really love Flight of Passage. You have been consistently holding it up as some sort of totem of TWDC’s ongoing creativity and care. Meanwhile you completely ignore every other short cut or crappy land, or insulting upcharge. So in the past oh, 15/20 years, we have one new attraction we can hold up as a beacon of creativy and innovation. Great!

LittleBuford

You must really love Flight of Passage.

Yep, I do. And I'm not alone.

Meanwhile you completely ignore every other short cut or crappy land, or insulting upcharge.

There has been quite a lot of ignoring in this thread. As I said earlier, some things are better, some things are worse. People will disagree on the ratio of good to bad developments, and that's fine. It's all a matter of opinion, after all. What makes less sense to me is the wilful discounting of the various new, ambitious projects that Disney is currently pursuing (or has pursued in recent years). One can dislike these projects, but to pretend that they do not involve considerable effort and attention to detail is disingenuous.

bpadair32

You must really love Flight of Passage.

I do as well. Its an amazing ride!

Meanwhile you completely ignore every other short cut or crappy land

Such as? TSL is fun, SWGE looks like it is going to be amazing, new Fantasy land is also very well done. I love most of the attractions at WDW.

insulting upcharge

I never understood the upcharge hate. If you don't think its worth it, don't do it. If you think its worth it, do it. To each their own.

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
OP, my only problem with your original post is that it gives Disney execs credit for giving a damn about their fan base.

Been going to WDW almost every year since 1973 when I was a teenager. Although there were changes over the years, most were welcome until Iger. His takeover was when WDW began its slide into 6 Flags territory. Now, I am not saying that WDW is 6 Flags, so don't get a wedgie. The territory refers to the lack of customer service and the overall ick factor. Many, probably most, of today's Disney World fans settle for the crap service and theme park experience because they don't know what Disney World was like previously. Can't blame them for that. On the other hand, when they praise the park to the high heavens and an old timer pipes up with an opinion, the whippersnappers should pay attention and not go nuts. We're coming with a different perspective. Remember, in a few years, you will be the old timers with your own experiences to share.

Disney World is not horrible. To some of us though, it's just not “The Most Magical Place on Earth” anymore.

The Pho

I never understood the upcharge hate. If you don't think its worth it, don't do it. If you think its worth it, do it. To each their own.
People hate upcharges because Disney has removed value from tickets with the upcharge events. The after hours events used to commence after the park closed for the day to regular people. Now they close the park early for the events, taking time away from other people. They’ve extended the party seasons as well, also taking value away from the regular tickets those days. Most people don’t mind upcharges when they don’t effect them, but when they do they get upset. People don’t like when their options shrink.

They’ve cut back on hours to charge for bonus time now.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Yep, I do. And I'm not alone.

There has been quite a lot of ignoring in this thread. As I said earlier, some things are better, some things are worse. People will disagree on the ratio of good to bad developments, and that's fine. It's all a matter of opinion, after all. What makes less sense to me is the wilful discounting of the various new, ambitious projects that Disney is currently pursuing (or has pursued in recent years). One can dislike these projects, but to pretend that they do not involve considerable effort and attention to detail is disingenuous.
Aside from that single attraction. What are you referring to?

LittleBuford

Aside from that single attraction. What are you referring to?

Pandora as a whole.

SWL.

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway--I can't wait for this one!

Guardians of the Galaxy (not the box that houses it, but the ride itself).

Ratatouille.

Frozen Ever After. One doesn't have to approve of it to recognise that it's well done, with impressive effects and animatronics.

And even Toy Story Land, with all its faults, is a decent and well-themed addition that achieves what it was designed to do.

A lot is happening in the parks. By all means criticise these developments if they're not to your taste, but at least acknowledge that Disney is pouring considerable money and energy into making them happen.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Pandora as a whole.

SWL.

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway--I can't wait for this one!

Guardians of the Galaxy (not the box that houses it, but the ride itself).

Ratatouille.

Frozen Ever After. One doesn't have to approve of it to recognise that it's well done, with impressive effects and animatronics.

And even Toy Story Land, with all its faults, is a decent and well-themed addition that achieves what it was designed to do.

A lot is happening in the parks. By all means criticise these developments if they're not to your taste, but at least acknowledge that Disney is pouring considerable money and energy into making them happen.
I never said they weren’t spending money. They are very obviously spending money. They are also very obviously following the universal studios park blueprint. I like Universal, it’s a great amusement park. I love Disney World it was(still sorta is in some ways) more then that. 🤷‍♂️

LittleBuford

I never said they weren’t spending money. They are very obviously spending money. They are also very obviously following the universal studios park blueprint. I like Universal, it’s a great amusement park. I love Disney World it was(still sorta is in some ways) more then that. 🤷‍♂️

I've said in other threads that I'm not a theme-park person but a Disney person. I don't visit Universal because their "brand" (such as it is) holds absolutely no appeal for me, besides which I dislike intense thrill rides.

WDW still feels absolutely Disney to me. For as long as that's the case, I will continue to enjoy it. I recognise that others view things differently and am genuinely sorry that their experience is no longer a positive one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom