deleted

DanielBB8

IP is the way to go. Tron is next after removing the People Mover tracks. Remove Innoventions and place a multi level building with retail, restaurants, and queue line for the new E Ticket attraction.

mickEblu

Not to be a downer. But if I read that correctly, all Marni stated was there is a plan for a TL redo. Never actually mentioned a timeframe. The only timeframe referenced is for when asked if the PM is still planned to get demo’d.

I personally believe it’ll be done within the next 10 years, but for all we know it could be closer to when the 75th happens or longer.

You re a downer.
I want all of Tomorrowland demolished. Start over on the entire project. The rides I would bring back, but updated, would be Autopia and Space Mountain. If done right, I would be for new versions of these rides with updated technology and special effects. If I had it my way...

That’s where my comment stems from.

I think SM has room for improvement. Just don’t think it needs to be demo’d to accomplish this. Autopia on the other hand... needs Jesus.

dweezil78

E Tickets don't necessarily have to be large in size. Just look at Pan.

Pan is a great little ride, but I think you'd be hard pressed to call it an e-ticket. Sure it has long lines, but that's largely a result of its very low capacity. There was a brief moment in time when it achieved D-Ticket status, but it's almost always been a C at Disneyland. At WDW, it was a C when the park opened in 1971.

73+April+C.JPG

Darkbeer1

All good... E-tickets almost always have a fairly significant footprint in the park, either with a sizeable show building+facade or a "mountain"-like structure or some kind. Really can't think of one that doesn't!

The Tiki Room, it's footprint is about the same as Peter Pan.

Heck, at one time, you couldn't even use an "E" Coupon, it had its own ticket, just like the Railroad.

randyjackson

the thing with any Tomorrowland expansion is trying to figure out what IP’s to utilize, Star Wars & Marvel are the ideal themes but they’re being used elsewhere, assuming that the Captain America coaster is off the table for DCA perhaps we could see Tron but other than that I have no clue

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
the thing with any Tomorrowland expansion is trying to figure out what IP’s to utilize, Star Wars & Marvel are the ideal themes but they’re being used elsewhere, assuming that the Captain America coaster is off the table for DCA perhaps we could see Tron but other than that I have no clue

Sci-Fi Technology
  • Wreck It Ralph
  • TRON

Sci-Fi Space Travel and Aliens
  • WALL*E
  • Stitch
  • Miles from Tomorrowland
  • The Black Hole
  • Adventures of Buzz Lightyear

Sci-Fi Monsters and Interdimensional beings
  • Monsters Inc.

Sci-Fi Supers
  • Incredibles
  • Big Hero 6
  • Sky High

Sci-Fi Super Science
  • Flubber
  • Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
  • Rocket Man

Granted, for the appropriate synergy, some of these IPs will need sequels or a reboot, which can be done on Disney+. Also, old series like Miles and Buzz can have a new life on the VOD binge-watching that Disney+ will provide. And even if the IP is lesser-known, a great ride can always make up for that.

Nland316

Sci-Fi Technology
  • Wreck It Ralph
  • TRON

• WALL*E
  • Stitch
  • The Black Hole

• Monsters Inc.

Sci-Fi Supers
  • Incredibles
  • Big Hero 6
  • Sky High

Sci-Fi Super Science
  • Flubber
  • Rocket Man

Granted, for the appropriate synergy, some of these IPs will need sequels or a reboot, which can be done on Disney+. Also, old series like Miles and Buzz can have a new life on the VOD binge-watching that Disney+ will provide. And even if the IP is lesser-known, a great ride can always make up for that.
I hope they somehow integrate or pay homage to Captain EO somewhere in a reboot. Having some of the characters present, similar to Captain Rex in SWGE.

shambolicdefending

The way I see it, the problem with Tomorrowland is that the original philosphy for it doesn't work anymore.

The mid-20th century view of the future was submarines, rocket ships and space travel. Stuff that easily translates to an amusement park. Now the view of the future is big data, energy, and crazy AI that hopefully won't kill us all. Not exactly as sexy. Kids growing up today are less impressed with new technology than ever anyway. They've learned to just expect it.

That makes it tough for Disney to do anything truly "futuristic" with Tomorrowland, and anything they can do would be expensive as heck and likely obsolete within 10 years.

So maybe a sci-fi IP land is the answer, but that has its own challenges. The shelf life of IPs can be unpredictable. And, the hardcore Disney purists will revolt at the idea.

I don't envy the imagineers who will eventually tackle TL.

mickEblu

The way I see it, the problem with Tomorrowland is that the original philosphy for it doesn't work anymore.

The mid-20th century view of the future was submarines, rocket ships and space travel. Stuff that easily translates to an amusement park. Now the view of the future is big data, energy, and crazy AI that hopefully won't kill us all. Not exactly as sexy. Kids growing up today are less impressed with new technology than ever anyway. They've learned to just expect it.

That makes it tough for Disney to do anything truly "futuristic" with Tomorrowland, and anything they can do would be expensive as heck and likely obsolete within 10 years.

So maybe a sci-fi IP land is the answer, but that has its own challenges. The shelf life of IPs can be unpredictable. And, the hardcore Disney purists will revolt at the idea.

I don't envy the imagineers who will eventually tackle TL.

All true. Although, I think most would be pleased with a TL that just looks futuristic with some kinetic energy. (Personally, retro futuristic would be cool with me too.) So a futuristic shell with maybe one thesis attraction and a few other Sci-Fi IP attractions posing as “futuristic.”

Phroobar

Sci-Fi Technology
  • Wreck It Ralph
  • TRON

• WALL*E
  • Stitch
  • The Black Hole

• Monsters Inc.

Sci-Fi Supers
  • Incredibles
  • Big Hero 6
  • Sky High

Sci-Fi Super Science
  • Flubber
  • Rocket Man

You forgot the Cat from Outer Space and the Computer that Wore Tennis Shoes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom