deleted

brb1006

Bob Weis, president, Walt Disney Imagineering, released a statement saying that the company was “stunned and saddened by the loss of our long-time friend and colleague.” The statement continued, saying that “those of us who worked with Scott during his nearly 30-year career at Disney knew him as a humble genius who made making magic look easy.”

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What attractions did he work on?

Not sure about attractions, but one of the patents he is credited on was the flying dragon which ties into his interest in flying.

1534273164065.png

I worked with Scott back in 1999-2002 when he was the head of Imagineering R&D. The team I was on was in New York, and we worked closely with a group from R&D in Glendale, CA, so I only met him in person a few times, but he was a funny and brilliant guy. I was saddened to see this news yesterday. Among many other computer related accomplishments, he built the computer systems for a lot of the attractions in the parks. I am told the first Disney email server was his desktop, and I know that his Disney email address only included his first name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom