deleted

HwdStudio

Though it's quite good as-is, Spaceship Earth requires another 'refresh' (as communication transitioned to portable devices after this ride received its '98 renovation).
It has been refurbed since 98. It was done when Siemens became the sponsor. It’s not necessarily based on communication.

Cmdr_Crimson

To be honest the ride is great up until the final scene. It's a little messy but I appreciate the diversity. The ending is tragic but im not sure how well it can be improved? How was the finale in the previous version?

The Irons finale showed how communication in the future would be including a fiberoptics city and then seeing SSE as it soars through our galaxy...And lets not forget that amazing score...

TwilightZone

I feel like just because how quickly technology moves today this ride always feels out of date 2 years after being refurbed.
They could just market the attraction as sort of like an interactive museum and not a prediction of the future. That could help it some.

Given all the exciting developments in space we're going through right now (reusable rockets and all), perhaps another focus on space like the '82/'86 versions. It's not like that really ever gets dated, even the '82 version would probably be fine now with a few touch-ups.

Otamin

Maybe I'm being far too cynical, but what IP are they going to shoehorn into the ride?

Chapek said Epcot will be more "Disney" in the future after all.

Also it would never happen but I'd personally love to see the return of Jeremy Irons, especially since his voice worked so well.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

SSE always had a longer line than energy.....let that sink in.

Also are those panels at the end from the AT&NT ending?
It’s a good ride, don’t get me wrong. Its lines are due to Fastpass+ and location. Location gets it to 20 min. Fastpass+ gets it to 45. It was designed with a capacity to allow all guests to ride with minimal wait like just about every ‘82 ride. If only 1970s Imagineers had invented precogs to foresee the greatest achievement in the history of mankind—Fastpass+.

huwar18

It’s a good ride, don’t get me wrong. Its lines are due to Fastpass+ and location. Location gets it to 20 min. Fastpass+ gets it to 45. It was designed with a capacity to allow all guests to ride with minimal wait like just about every ‘82 ride. If only 1970s Imagineers had invented precogs to foresee the greatest achievement in the history of mankind—Fastpass+.

Fastpass is awful for this ride. I was there last week and the Fastpass line was longer than the regular line. It clogs up the ride and turns people off from riding it. However, it is basically a walk on at the end of the day.

Winter

I hope they get rid of that ending they have on this ride currently. IDK what the ending was before the current ending, but I never really liked the current ending very much (referring to the stuff on the screen, not the part in space where you're in the ball. The part in space where you're in the ball is great)

Is there a reason why they completely gutted the decent? I can't think of any sane reason why they would do that, it would have been cheaper (and much better) to leave the decent show as is.
iirc the sponsor wanted them to make that ending or something, and I guess they needed time to be able to do it, so they made the part in space the ending and left the descent to be used for this. The sponsor left though now so they don't need to keep it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom