deleted

trainplane3

The inside used to be covered in mold/growth when it was towards the end of its time on the tour. To actually do anything with it would probably cost more money than they are willing to spend.
Probably just gut it, paint the windows black, redo the original paint scheme, and be done with it. I doubt they'd let anyone inside it anyways. Even though it still has "flight worthy" certs, it probably won't ever again.

Kman101

The inside used to be covered in mold/growth when it was towards the end of its time on the tour. To actually do anything with it would probably cost more money than they are willing to spend.

Well, that's very true. It doesn't have to be the company who restores it. Wouldn't they try to find someone who wants it and wants to restore it? I know it's hard at this point to probably justify that but seems like a waste to let it rot further. I imagine continuing to move it would only hurt it.

AndyS2992

Not going to condemn Disney until I know where the plane actually is, they make it out to be abandoned in some field on property but for all we know it could be on display near backstage Cast Member buildings which are behinds the camera.

trainplane3

Not going to condemn Disney until I know where the plane actually is, they make it out to be abandoned in some field on property but for all we know it could be on display near backstage Cast Member buildings which are behinds the camera.
But we've where it's at since January this year...
So here's this picture from the article:
disney-plane-andrew-barton-good-2.jpg

Now on Google Maps, I found this:

plane3-png.258496

Look at the trees, powerlines running across it, and the gravel "road".
Now in 2D view with the latest images:
plane1-png.258497

Turns more brown, gravel "road" is still there.
And lastly, the exact location:
kKPHwOE.jpg

Maybe someone else can confirm this?

Also, I suppose this would be considered "backstage". So please don't be an idiot and go running around back there. We know the plane is there, it's "safe", it could return eventually. That's all.
Google Earth/Maps have been updated since this and show the plane there. It's exactly west of Epcot's parking lot, north of AK.

This is "backstage" so either an employee went around and got the pictures or some very brave person snuck in.

Movielover

I didn't watch with sound (lol). It's a shame they don't seem to care about it.

The fact that they have it surrounded by barriers means they at least want to keep it intact for now. Question is where would be a proper place to display it on property? Disney Springs?

Once they have a location it should't be too difficult to give it a new coat of paint and shine.

DisneyDebRob

The fact that they have it surrounded by barriers means they at least want to keep it intact for now. Question is where would be a proper place to display it on property? Disney Springs?

Once they have a location it should't be too difficult to give it a new coat of paint and shine.
Disney Springs is the perfect place for it with the new back story. Great idea!

montyz81

The idea that the colors when it was at the backlot tour were just some kind of wrap is interesting. That makes more then repainting it while it's sitting in the middle of a field.
Why would they pull the wrap off though. That is odd in my eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom