deleted

TrojanUSC

wow reading this sounds like a bunch of little kids crying he has better toys than me I should have better toys or it reminds me of all the people worried about what a CEO makes vs what can I do to improve my situation. It's a service. Is it overpriced? Yes I think so. Therefore I will not use it. I'm OK taking an included in the(expensive) price bus to my Moderate resort & enjoy my vacation rather than cry that there are so may rich people staying at the deluxe resorts in better rooms & have guides. I also think the people that bring their own food & eat in the food court vs pay the high prices may be smarter than me now. It think that is awesome as these people are doing what I did years ago worked their butts off to provide the best vacation for their family they could & had a great time regardless of who was eating, better or staying at a nicer resort. so stop worrying about what you don't have or can't afford. You are in a pretty great place in life if you can afford to do Disney more than once in life. Enjoy the happiest place on earth. If the service works for you & you can afford it great. If you rather not pay that amount have a seat on the bus next to me & enjoy your vacation.

Yes, it's expensive and yes it's a premium service. However, I think what people are griping about is that the SAME (if not better) premium car service is offered for half the price and can be booked just as easily via the resort concierges. It's not a case of luxury vs. not, it's a case of taking advantage of the ill-informed and being greedy. Bit like having one ticket booth charge $75 for a one day ticket, then the booth next to it charge $150 for a ticket. It's the same service and yes people will pay the mark-up because they don't know any better.

dreamfinder

Two words:Magical Express..................
unless they're gonna charge more for that too?!?!???

Except this caters to the people who purposely give DME the wrong flight information, just so they picked up 2 hours before their actual flight instead of 3. Just for another hour of time in park. And if they could sneak even more park time in by not having to go back to their resort and get picked up directly from the park? I can see people buying into that.

Can a town car service even do pick ups at parks?

note2001

We had a Lyft who couldn't find EPCOT. Biggest clown in Orlando.
I match your Lyft driver and raise you by a bus.
We had a Magical Express Driver who couldn't find Wilderness Lodge. He kept trying to drop us off at Fort Wilderness, then panicked and pulled a U turn over the grass median as I was directing him to the proper resort. He backtracked and sat in the lot at Fort Wilderness texting a buddy for directions until his dispatcher called him to ask if he was the bus in the FW lot that the cast members were reporting to them.

Last edited:

ThatMouse

Any tips on using this at MK at closing? I saw some Minnies drive into the bus stop, so I assume that's the pick-up? Do you request one right after the fireworks or what?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
As shown earlier on the app it tells you it’s appeoximately $30 to take the Minnie Van to the airport. I attempted this today. Once the driver arrived, he apologized profusely and told me that it could only be booked through the front desk and that it was indeed $150. He said that unfortunately the app shows it as an option and shows it at the low price point. He was super nice and canceled the ride, but I wanted to confirm.

OG Runner

I am really getting tired of the Disney "money grabs". Between this and the new parking fees, things are getting
a bit ridiculous.

MinnieWaffles

Unfortunately, this does appear to be another Disney attempt at separating the haves and have nots.
The pricing is ridiculous. I am sure that you can afford it, if you are on the concierge level of the Contemporary,
Grand Floridian or Polynesian.

We're talking about a vacation destination offering options at a extra cost here. It's hardly Walmart offering a VIP lounge with better quality food, free drinks and classical music. Why do people get so incredibly personally offended by Disney offering anything at a cost over $100?? Get real, I don't go and complain because people are driving around in luxury sports cars whilst I take the bus.

OG Runner

I understand I have other options. I think, however, that people get offended because it looks like a very cool option that
has been priced to exclude a certain demographic of the resorts customers. I will admit, it is probably a little jealousy.
The cost is more than a night at any of the value resorts.

jakeman

I understand I have other options. I think, however, that people get offended because it looks like a very cool option that
has been priced to exclude a certain demographic of the resorts customers. I will admit, it is probably a little jealousy.
The cost is more than a night at any of the value resorts.
You're assigning classist intent where there is none.

It's been price to what Disney think the market will bear for this service and the scarcity of the resource. I'm pretty sure they didn't sit in a boardroom and say "How do we keep the poor-oes out of our Mini Vans when they want to go to the airport?"

OG Runner

You're assigning classist intent where there is none.

It's been price to what Disney think the market will bear for this service and the scarcity of the resource. I'm pretty sure they didn't sit in a boardroom and say "How do we keep the poor-oes out of our Mini Vans when they want to go to the airport?"

And you honestly believe that $150.00 one way is a competitively priced option? Be realistic, Disney does sit down and determines
what will the "haves" pay for extras. You know guests in Deluxe resorts can now purchase additional Fast Passes. This is not even
an option in the Value resorts. It is very clear that Disney is sitting down and making these decisions, and yes they are determined
by how much you have and will spend.

jakeman

And you honestly believe that $150.00 one way is a competitively priced option? Be realistic, Disney does sit down and determines
what will the "haves" pay for extras. You know guests in Deluxe resorts can now purchase additional Fast Passes. This is not even
an option in the Value resorts. It is very clear that Disney is sitting down and making these decisions, and yes they are determined
by how much you have and will spend.
Disney believes so. For the consumer it's a value call and value is subjective. I don't find value in this for airport transportation because of the cost. I don't find value in MDE because of the time commitment. Others might in both cases.

To your second point, if I recall, it was a trial test for additional FastPasses for those guest staying on a concierge level.

Of course they are making decisions based on how much they think people are willing to spend on a product or service they provide. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your stance, but you seem to be under the impression that one of their primary motivators is to stratify people based on their income. That's simply not true. They are stratifying you by how much money you are willing to give them not by how much you make. The former is class warfare, if you want to take the dramatic approach. The latter is just operating a for-profit business for a non-essential product.

Perhaps we are saying the same thing, but you seem to be taking these decisions as a personal slight to your economic class.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom