deleted

TrojanUSC

The company accountant will not be happy with you if you have this on your expense account. If 3 employees going to the same place each get their own car, accountants would have their heads too. Expense accounts aren't Mad Men type things they used to be.

Right. Many companies allow you to expense car service. In this case black car service to MCO from WDW is about $75.00 (I just did it). Not this kind of crazy premium.

The market for this is wealthy housewives (sort of their market for almost everything) who would not be caught dead on a bus and who also believe the Uber drivers, who are background checked, are going to do horrible things to their family.

BuddyThomas

Unless the people who would utilize this presumably $300 round trip airport service are so rich that they can literally burn money, none of this makes sense. You can get an extremely comfortable and efficient round trip from Quicksilver and other ground transportation providers for $125 (remember, that's ROUND TRIP) PLUS that includes a free 30 minute stop at a grocery store and/or liquor store if you want that.

Just think of what you can buy at Disney with the $175 you would save by utilizing one of these other services. Hell, for that matter, you could donate it to Puerto Rico relief or any other charitable cause of your choosing.

It's pretty offensive that they are rolling this out at this price point and even more offensive that people will actually pay it.

For those of you saying that you are sold on it if they play Disney music, I mean.................. I want to have your bank account in my next life. In the meantime, I'll just continue using round trip luxury sedans at less than half the price of Minnie the Moocher, and if I want Disney music, I'll bring a CD and will ask the driver to pop it in.

DisneyDefenders

I still say they should offer the express park to park service using Minnie Vans...never understood why they would have launched the programs separately and cancel the one that added the most value.

drcasey

@BuddyThomas I’m sorry that it “offends” you that people are willing to pay $300 round trip for transportation. If people make enough money to pay that, they are more than welcome to do so! One of the great things about living in a non communistic society. You want that kind of money? You’re free to earn it and then spend it how you please! I was semi kidding about the Disney music thing by the way. I’m a resident and God knows I can’t afford that right now. Someday!

BuddyThomas

@BuddyThomas I’m sorry that it “offends” you that people are willing to pay $300 round trip for transportation. If people make enough money to pay that, they are more than welcome to do so! One of the great things about living in a non communistic society. You want that kind of money? You’re free to earn it and then spend it how you please! I was semi kidding about the Disney music thing by the way. I’m a resident and God knows I can’t afford that right now. Someday!
$300 is more than a round trip flight from NYC, so yes, it is offensive that a ride in a freaking van is more than that. But hey, live your dreams, and throw your money wherever you want.

21stamps

$300 is more than a round trip flight from NYC, so yes, it is offensive that a ride in a freaking van is more than that. But hey, live your dreams, and throw your money wherever you want.

I wouldn’t call it offensive, but I do call it ‘funny’.
I’m all about paying extra for experiences.. transportation, not so much. I slum in Uber/Lyft/car service or rental car when traveling. I’ll continue to do just that.
But...for one faction of the Disney obsessed, I’m sure they will pay for the dots...because- it’s “immersion”. ;)

The Empress Lilly

Not trolling but... could we get Minnie van service to and from UNI? Regular lyft can be soso in central Florida. Last trip, our driver didn’t speak English and dropped us off at Swolphin, instead of the programmed location, the BW.
We had a Lyft who couldn't find EPCOT. Biggest clown in Orlando.

Last edited:

Biff215

Let's say you could take it each way to and from the airport costing you $300. Not too tough to rent a car for that or less, and have the convenience available to you throughout the trip, saving even more Minnie Van rides to and from the parks.

I'm guessing one of two things...either they're overpricing it on purpose to keep demand to a minimum, or this is a price point they're trying and will adjust accordingly. I think it's the first option, as I doubted this would ever happen in the first place. If extremely popular, it would take a lot of vehicles to keep up when each round trip to the airport is taking more than an hour.

I'll take the free Magical Express or spring for the car if the price is reasonable, but that's just me. My vacation dollars aren't unlimited, so I see that $150 as another nice dinner.

TrojanUSC

Let's say you could take it each way to and from the airport costing you $300. Not too tough to rent a car for that or less, and have the convenience available to you throughout the trip, saving even more Minnie Van rides to and from the parks.

I'm guessing one of two things...either they're overpricing it on purpose to keep demand to a minimum, or this is a price point they're trying and will adjust accordingly. I think it's the first option, as I doubted this would ever happen in the first place. If extremely popular, it would take a lot of vehicles to keep up when each round trip to the airport is taking more than an hour.

I'll take the free Magical Express or spring for the car if the price is reasonable, but that's just me. My vacation dollars aren't unlimited, so I see that $150 as another nice dinner.

The Disney hotel concierge will literally book a Mears town car for $75.

OG Runner

Unfortunately, this does appear to be another Disney attempt at separating the haves and have nots.
The pricing is ridiculous. I am sure that you can afford it, if you are on the concierge level of the Contemporary,
Grand Floridian or Polynesian.

philcan

wow reading this sounds like a bunch of little kids crying he has better toys than me I should have better toys or it reminds me of all the people worried about what a CEO makes vs what can I do to improve my situation. It's a service. Is it overpriced? Yes I think so. Therefore I will not use it. I'm OK taking an included in the(expensive) price bus to my Moderate resort & enjoy my vacation rather than cry that there are so may rich people staying at the deluxe resorts in better rooms & have guides. I also think the people that bring their own food & eat in the food court vs pay the high prices may be smarter than me now. It think that is awesome as these people are doing what I did years ago worked their butts off to provide the best vacation for their family they could & had a great time regardless of who was eating, better or staying at a nicer resort. so stop worrying about what you don't have or can't afford. You are in a pretty great place in life if you can afford to do Disney more than once in life. Enjoy the happiest place on earth. If the service works for you & you can afford it great. If you rather not pay that amount have a seat on the bus next to me & enjoy your vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom