deleted

I live this new addition to The Minnie Van Service. We used the Minnie when we were there during this past Christmas. We stayed at CR and it’s always the last stop from Epcot, DS, or DHS (and MCO). So getting a direct route with the service is great. Especially with 3 kids in tow. This will be great getting to MCO since it was a 4 hour magic bus arrival before flight from CR. Maybe we can get an extra 2hours at MK before head out next time with this.

Weather_Lady

I read on another site that the Minnie Van trip between the airport and resort will cost $150! Can anybody confirm/deny? Or would that be the cost for a roundtrip? For $150 one way, you might as well spring for a stretch limo instead.

I admit that I cringe every time I read about the Minnie Vans, if only because I worry that in order to drive people to use its "cost extra" transportation services, Disney will start reducing the quality and frequency of its "included" transportation services (DME, on-site buses, etc.). Sort of like WDW cut back EMH over the years, only to offer the "opportunity" to pay for "Early Morning Magic." First, they self-create a need by removing a "free" service, and then they "fill the need" by offering an alternative that comes with an expensive upcharge. I realize WDW is in the business to make money, but I still don't like the bait-and-switch feeling you get when you have to start paying for something that used to be included in your park ticket, or when included services otherwise diminish in quality.

Last edited:

dizneeboy

I realize this is competing with the town car services but I cannot justify $150 to the airport when the tragic express is free, clean and comfortable...and Uber XL is only ~$40. The 4 hour window for the tragic express is overkill (we sat at the airport for 2.5 hours before our flight in January) but I'm hearing from Disney travel agents that it is supposed to drop back down to 3 soon if it hasn't already.

Kamikaze

I realize this is competing with the town car services but I cannot justify $150 to the airport when the tragic express is free, clean and comfortable...and Uber XL is only ~$40. The 4 hour window for the tragic express is overkill (we sat at the airport for 2.5 hours before our flight in January) but I'm hearing from Disney travel agents that it is supposed to drop back down to 3 soon if it hasn't already.

Its back down to 3 hours now. That was a holidays thing.

deeevo

Do you think the Minnie van would take you to your resort from the airport and drop your bags then drop you at a park? I know my driver told me they would stop at McDonald's on property if we wanted to on the way to our resort. I bet more people would shell out the $150 if they knew that was a possibility.

DisneyJoe

Do you think the Minnie van would take you to your resort from the airport and drop your bags then drop you at a park? I know my driver told me they would stop at McDonald's on property if we wanted to on the way to our resort. I bet more people would shell out the $150 if they knew that was a possibility.
They're currently not offering airport to resort rides yet

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom