deleted

trainplane3

And still no Disney cases for androids
I think they did the D-Tech cases for one of the Samsung S phones for a year. But agreed, they should at least do the flagship Android phones. S8, S8+, Note 8, LG V30, LG G6, HTC U11, the Google Pixels, and whatever flagship phone Lenovorola is dumping out. That would cover enough users right there.

Pixieish

They are an expensive brand, but I wouldn't put a phone that cost nearly a grand in anything else. You can throw the thing on to pavement and it survives. Whenever I see someone with a cracked screen, I think - would have been cheaper to have just bought an OtterBox to begin with, LOL.

Amen to that. I got one for when we travel for my 11-year-old. That phone has been jumped on, stepped on, dropped onto pavement and everything else short of being completely submerged and it still works and looks brand new.

If you have a late model phone, you can sometimes find Otterbox cases being given away on Freecycle.

matt9112

Samsung S number series is really all they NEED to due for Android since it's the only true competitive product in marketing and in features. its upsetting but that's life. my s8 right now is in an otterbox.

spaceghost

giphy.gif

Pixieish

I don't think people will be buying up the IPhone X, just too expensive for a family or many single people. Apple is also trying to force a phone upgrade cycle and I don't think it will work. Too many places now that will replace a battery, screen whatever in an IPhone which wasn't true in recent past.

I switched to Andriod phones and my latest is a Moto G5 plus. Water resistant, gorilla glass etc. Never broke a screen but seen many IPhones with broke screens. I would say buy an Otter box for your IPhone because you need it. Android phones in general? No need.

Meh. I just upgraded from an iPhone 5 to a 7 (and yes, Apple wants you to upgrade every time they come out with a new one), but I sucked it up on the 7 and went all out with a 256Gb so I won't need to upgrade for a LONG time...heck, I lived with the 5 until it got to a point where I couldn't have anything on it if I wanted to be able to take pictures (it had I think 8Gb of storage and the system took up nearly all of that after all the updates.)

As far as cases go though, my young son's phone is the only one with an Otterbox because he beats the ever-loving snot out of his phone - he's just a kid, so I expected that. I tend to be way nicer to my phones, so I just get the tempered glass screen protector and a decent silicone/plastic case that covers the edges and back. Never had a single issue or cracked screen...but then again, I don't beat them up. (Sure, I drop it now and then, but rarely more than a couple of feet from the ground.)

Pixieish

That's what I have on my Moto, just a clear silicone case. I didn't like the metal back because it was a little to slippery. Not a fan of the all metal cases which people like because "they look cool" and then they buy a plastic case? Don't understand the logic there.....

I have been caught in the rain before so I go for phones that have a water resistant rating. I don't need to go swimming with it but a some protection from water is a good thing.

Same for me with the water thing - I was pretty thrilled they made the 7 water resistant (I think it's to like 6 feet? Not that I would ever purposely get it wet...)

I went a little "girly" on my case this time...my iPhone 7 is red, so I got a clear case with mineral oil and different weights of glitter in it so I can see the red right through it. BONUS: It keeps my 6-year-old pre-occupied and quiet for like a half an hour tipping it back and forth, lol!

AEfx

And still no Disney cases for androids

OtterBox makes a full line of Android smartphone cases, too. I have a feeling we will likely see them should these be popular. And hopefully some 6s cases, at least (which is still rather popular - before the launch of iPhone 8, there were still as many 6s's out there as there were 7's).

Basically, even though Android has the larger market share, iOS devices are where the big coin come from. People who have iPhones are generally just willing to spend more (and in the case of, well, these cases, a smaller set of models to worry about). It's kind of remarkable when you talk to a developer of financially successful apps and ask them why they only do iOS or why their Android ports, when they do come, are always much later. They just hold their fingers up and rub them together - its because they make far more money, even in spite of the smaller audience.

Pixieish

P.S. Just to be clear, I don't believe Apple is a cult. I just find Disney's unwillingness to be inclusive of other phones similar to the devoted fervor some have for their particular sect. ;)

HAHAHA...I hear ya...it's hard to be using a PC when I've been an Apple fan since the mid-1990s...but the Mac I want would be in the range of $10,000 :eek: (I'm a graphic designer/artist)

aw14

I am hopeful the cases will be at the D-Tech locations soon. I will be there on Wednesday and will be willing to shell out the $$ for the Mickey for my 8+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom