deleted

brb1006

If you visit the Disney Family Museum, there is an entire exhibit that shows newspaper articles and tribute after the news of Walt's death.

Such as this one from the Bermingham News
A7YkvKQ.jpg

Here's another one.
UlfGOft.jpg

There a more illustrations responding to Walt's death when you are there in person. I heard it's more sobering once you leave the Disneyland model and you hear a news report announcing his death with some news footage.

WinnieBear

How can we forget this iconic picture. (This was everywhere after he died.)
tumblr_lsmty8zGm31qz7nxjo1_500.jpg

Now obviously, The day Walt died was a day that changed the Walt Disney Company forever. Taking the company into a dark peroid until the Late 80s where they came back strong. Now while Disney is still around and making amazing films today, it's hard to not imagine what it could had been like if he was still alive during Walt Disney World's development. Would the original Epcot exist in the resort? and Would Disney be a different company today? Would movies like the Little Mermaid and beauty and the beast happened if he still influenced the company up until the Late 80s or Early 90s where he died naturally as opposed to cancer? Would the Disney and Pixar partnership still happened if he still had an influence? Or would toy story and other pixar films become independent? Well i don't know. And probably will never know. All I do know, is that without him, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Disneyland, Fantasia, the most famous adaptations of classic fairy tales ever, and many other things that defined our childhoods. would had not existed without him. So thank you Walt for all our childhoods from the young to the young at heart.

And may you rest in peace...

Last edited:

brb1006

How can can we forget this iconic picture. (This was everywhere after he died.)
View attachment 179837

Now obviously, The day Walt died was a day that changed the Walt Disney Company forever. Taking the company into a dark peroid until the Late 80s where they came back strong. Now while Disney is still around and making amazing films today, it's hard to not imagine what it could had been like if he was still alive during Walt Disney World's development. Would the original Epcot exist in the resort? and Would Disney be a different company today? Would movies like the Little Mermaid and beauty and the beast happened if he still influenced the company up until the Late 80s or Early 90s where he died naturally as opposed to cancer? Would the Disney and Pixar partnership still happened if he still had an influence? Or would toy story and other pixar films become independent? Well i don't know. And probably will never know. All I do know, is that without him, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Disneyland, Fantasia, the most famous adaptations of classic fairy tales ever, and many other things that defined our childhoods. would had not existed without him. So thank you Walt for all our childhoods from the young to the young at heart.

And may you rest in peace...

Here's another picture of the Mickey globe by a different illustrator
RZ0SWUr.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom