deleted

pax_65

A few years ago in Epcot a little girl walked up to my son and said hi to him. He said hi back and then several men walked up (security?) and picked up the little girl and took her back to her father, Neil Patrick Harris. He was in Disney to do the Candlelight Processional, which we saw a few nights later. My kids were both big fans of "How I met your mother" so they were really excited to see him in the parks.

Lucky

Late 80s or early 90s-can't remember. Saw Bruce Jenner in Hollywood Studios coming out of either Sounds Dangerous or Superstar Television. He had his family with him-a bunch of dark haired children and his wife. Everyone was excited to be seeing Bruce Jenner-the rest of his family was completely unknown back then. Years later when the Kardashian train wreck started, I remembered that I had seen them all.
I waited on Bruce Jenner and Linda Thompson at a Memphis restaurant around the time they got married. Cybill Shepherd used to come to the restaurant too but I don't think I ever waited on her.

I don't remember seeing any celebrities at WDW, other than Ben Franklin and Mark Twain.

KrazyKat

Back when Star Tours 2.0 opened, my family and I were at DHS and walked right past George Lucas, Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) and Bob Iger himself. Of course they had a bunch of security. Being a life long Star Wars fan it was incredibly surreal to see Mr. Lucas and Mr. Daniels after seeing them so many times on TV.

KrazyKat

OK, weird true story time about my previous post. I took some pics of the 3 gentlemen after we walked passed them. They were being taken to the stage in front of the BAH to dedicate Star Tours 2.0 opening.
So I jokeningly made this pic I took of George talking to Bob and I'll be $#@%ed if they shortly after didn't actually make the deal for Disney to buy Lucasfilm for around that much.
380715_10200221791214005_397676847_n.jpg

Here's Anthony Daniels right before he went on stage
68649_10200221751173004_1905203410_n.jpg

wdwfan4ver

I didn't seen a celebrity, but a group member did.

The party member saw Mariah Carey was in the Norway Pavilion and she and her group went inside Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for dinner. There was body guards around.

I did not see Mariah Carey personally since I was in a different building in the Norway Pavilion at the time she arrived at the Norway Pavilion. When I left the building, I the other members of my group told me to leave the Pavilion and explained to me about them seeing Mariah Carey.

Last edited:

NutsForFlorida

I have 2 times to share. In 1992 or 1993 (I can't remember the correct year) I saw Isaiah Thomas of the Detroit Pistons at the time at Hollywood Studios to make hand prints in concrete in front the Chinese Theater. I don't think his prints are there anymore though. Not sure.

Then a few years ago, I was walking between Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain, and I saw Dennis Rodman with his family walk by with Disney Security.

NutsForFlorida

I didn't seen a celebrity, but a group member did.

The party member saw Mariah Carey was in the Norway Pavilion and she and her group went inside Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for dinner. There was body guards around.

I did not see Mariah Carey personally since I was in a certain building in the Norway Pavilion at the time she arrived at the Norway Pavilion and when I left, we left Norway Pavilion right away.

Oh, I saw her too. But she was on stage singing for the taping of the Christmas Day parade show in 2010.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I am an absolute die hard Steelers fan and on our May trip this year I met James Harrison getting on Thunder Mountain. He's a legendary linebacker for us and I talked to him and shook his hand and he showed me to how to take a selfie with him. I literally didn't even know how. LOL! I had talked to other fans that have met him and said he was approachable so that's why I asked him. I've also met the pro wrestler Christian too and got a pic with him. He was there for like a charity event. Then also on our May flight down I flew with Ricky Steamboat and shook his hand on the plane and he honestly seemed surprised to be recognized. I'm a huge fan of old school wrestling so the little kid in me was actually excited to see him. I've also met RJ and Jay Paul from Swamp People. I just told them I enjoyed the show and shook Jay Paul's hand. He was a nice guy. I also met Peter Mayhew, Chewbacca, at La Cellier once. I just told him I loved Star Wars. He was ok. It was while we were waiting to be seated. Of course the celebrity I never get tired of meeting is Mickey though. LOL!

steviej

Never saw a celebrity as a guest, but during my 2 cp's:

- Phil and April Margera
- Johnny Depp
- Chris Rock
- Edge and Christian
- Vince McMahon
- Shane McMahon
- Stephanie McMahon
- Triple H
- Stone Cold Steve Austin
- Nicholas Cage
- Sylvester Stallone
- Harrison Ford
- Kelly Clarkson

OliveMcFly

My favorite person I've met was Trey Wingo during ESPN Weekends. I was too shy to ask for a photo so my bf at the time asked. He was so nice and he's so handsome in person. In my time there as a CM I've interacted with Mariah Carey, Ben Rosthe - whatever from the Steelers, that boy from Hannah Montana (who was bit rude getting on my TOT elevator, his mother was sweet though)
Mark Summers was at load at TOT while I was working and once I realized it was him I yelled "oh my god". He heard and looked but I'm an 80s/90s Nickelodeon kid, it was awesome! The others were seen in VIP at parades and Christmas filming, mostly Disney Channel actors. The biggest would be Mariah, I was a huge fan growing up but I think being inches from her killed it for me. It was the Mariah show and I'm not into that.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

My favorite person I've met was Trey Wingo during ESPN Weekends. I was too shy to ask for a photo so my bf at the time asked. He was so nice and he's so handsome in person. In my time there as a CM I've interacted with Mariah Carey, Ben Rosthe - whatever from the Steelers, that boy from Hannah Montana (who was bit rude getting on my TOT elevator, his mother was sweet though)
Mark Summers was at load at TOT while I was working and once I realized it was him I yelled "oh my god". He heard and looked but I'm an 80s/90s Nickelodeon kid, it was awesome! The others were seen in VIP at parades and Christmas filming, mostly Disney Channel actors. The biggest would be Mariah, I was a huge fan growing up but I think being inches from her killed it for me. It was the Mariah show and I'm not into that.
That's awesome that you got to meet Ben Roethlisberger. As I said above, I'm a die hard Steelers fan and my little boy is actually named Ben because he's named after Ben Roethlisberger. Was he pretty nice to you?

OliveMcFly

That's awesome that you got to meet Ben Roethlisberger. As I said above, I'm a die hard Steelers fan and my little boy is actually named Ben because he's named after Ben Roethlisberger. Was he pretty nice to you?
He nodded, said hello and moved along. Myself and three other female CMs were sitting in the break room when our coordinators came in and said "we need you four". On the way they told us we were to make a wall so Ben could enter and ride TOT. I find it funny to this day that they had us four girls blocking football fans. If they wanted to get to him they would have LOL.
Nice story. My brother got the name Braylon for my nephew from player Braylon Edwards. He wasn't really named after him though more of just suggested the name :D

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

He nodded, said hello and moved along. Myself and three other female CMs were sitting in the break room when our coordinators came in and said "we need you four". On the way they told us we were to make a wall so Ben could enter and ride TOT. I find it funny to this day that they had us four girls blocking football fans. If they wanted to get to him they would have LOL.
Nice story. My brother got the name Braylon for my nephew from player Braylon Edwards. He wasn't really named after him though more of just suggested the name :D
Yeah I don't think anybody names their kids after Cleveland Browns. LOL! I always start looking for celebrities when I see the CM's in those sorta tour guide type uniforms. I looked in to how much it cost to have a tour guide because I was curious about it and thought it would be a fun thing to do sometime. A CM told me that we would get a DVC discount for it and even with the discount for like a half a day it was still over $2,000 or something like that. I know to celebrities that's really nothing but I can't imagine regular people using one. I've heard there are a lot of celebrities that actually don't use a guide at all and just wait like everybody else. Danny Devito's family is one that I've heard does that.

OliveMcFly

Yeah I don't think anybody names their kids after Cleveland Browns. LOL! I always start looking for celebrities when I see the CM's in those sorta tour guide type uniforms. I looked in to how much it cost to have a tour guide because I was curious about it and thought it would be a fun thing to do sometime. A CM told me that we would get a DVC discount for it and even with the discount for like a half a day it was still over $2,000 or something like that. I know to celebrities that's really nothing but I can't imagine regular people using one. I've heard there are a lot of celebrities that actually don't use a guide at all and just wait like everybody else. Danny Devito's family is one that I've heard does that.
I do that too. Once I see plaid I'm scanning the group. It's expensive for your standard family. My thought was always if you see someone that looks famous and they're alone you'll probably think twice that it's them. There are celebs that want to be seen and those that don't and they make it happen. Like I said with Mariah, it's a production with 50 people in tow.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I do that too. Once I see plaid I'm scanning the group. It's expensive for your standard family. My thought was always if you see someone that looks famous and they're alone you'll probably think twice that it's them. There are celebs that want to be seen and those that don't and they make it happen. Like I said with Mariah, it's a production with 50 people in tow.
No it's a "posse" or is it "entourage"? LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom