Deleted show elements

OmegaKnight

The flying dinosaur in CTX/Dinosaur hasn't ever worked. It was supposed to come swooping at your head instead of remaining stationary like it does now, which just looks lame.

The hopping Brer Rabbit AA in Splash Mountain is a hit or miss. It must be the most un-reliable AA on property.`

I3olTz

Another one is disney takeing out the live actor in the AK safari ride, and the one guy on RnRc who used to come out and get the guitar in the pre show.

Expo_Seeker40

No the radok screens no longer exist. The original concept for Ellen's (Energy Crisis) was to have Bill Nye explain to guests in the preshow Ellen experiencing firsthand different forms of energy with use of the Radok screens. This idea was eventually scrapped...along with the radok screens. :dazzle:

They were taken out, the original sound sytem restored,and a new sound system added in as well, including the orange back lighting. While the current screens are flat cinema screens, they are in the same dimensions and frame as the radok screens. :wave:

Galen

OmegaKnight said:
The flying dinosaur in CTX/Dinosaur hasn't ever worked. It was supposed to come swooping at your head instead of remaining stationary like it does now, which just looks lame.

The hopping Brer Rabbit AA in Splash Mountain is a hit or miss. It must be the most un-reliable AA on property.`

The pterodactyl has worked in the past. I've seen it work both when it was CTX and when it was Dinosaur, yet I will admit, I've seen it stationary more than moving.

What I find funny about Splash Mountain is the part where Brer Fox has Brer Rabbit by the ears and how the fur doesn't turn with his head and some times it looks like he's been scalped.

animay

Galen said:
The pterodactyl has worked in the past. I've seen it work both when it was CTX and when it was Dinosaur, yet I will admit, I've seen it stationary more than moving.

I didn't know it was even an animatronic. I figured it was just a stationary piece.

Horizons1

Jheyman said:
So am I to belive that under the screens the blocks still exist? The article kind of says that....Anyone know for sure? Martin, Corrus, Lee, anyone?:confused:

Here ya go, pictures of the destruction of the Radok screens.

http://planet7.home.mindspring.com/energy/companion/pavilion/gallery_rehab/thumbnail.htm

When you finish looking at those check out the rest of the site. It will tell ALOT of stuff about both versions of the UOE.

And speaking of energy and missing effects, how bout all the missing effects in the Diarama, the smell of damp earth, the heating effects going into the volcano, alot of other things too.

HHI Surfer

i miss the audio track that played as you took the people-mover up out of space mountain after the ride :( guess they took that out when they lost the fedex sponsorship though.. it was all about futuristic parcel shipping, i guess.

as a side note, last time i was there the hidden mickey on the robotic dog's collar was gone :/

mrtoad

LudwigVonDrake said:
Have they fixed the "jumping waters" in Splash Mountain? I haven't seen that effect work in years.

Last few times we went it has not worked. We did not go on our last trip because my daughter chickened out but on 3 prior trips since 04 they did not all work correctly. Some of the turtles are in mid-air about the pots rising up and down with no water below and the rods are clearly visable.

One that has bugged me forever is the caretaker and dog in the HM. I have not seen them shake in years. I mean not in the 90s or 00s. I know others have posted that they have seen them shake but I have gone down 8 times in the past 10 years and have been on the attraction at least 50 times in that span and not once have they shaken. I remember in the 70s when I went as a kid it had not worked on several occassions as well.

Anyone know why something like that is not fixable? It would seem not too hard to do.

LilRoo714

mrtoad said:
One that has bugged me forever is the caretaker and dog in the HM. I have not seen them shake in years. I mean not in the 90s or 00s. I know others have posted that they have seen them shake but I have gone down 8 times in the past 10 years and have been on the attraction at least 50 times in that span and not once have they shaken. I remember in the 70s when I went as a kid it had not worked on several occassions as well.

Anyone know why something like that is not fixable? It would seem not too hard to do.

I find it funny that some of us always see things one way and see them another. I've never seen the HM caretaker and dog when they were not moving. :rolleyes: Funny, I had no idea this AA caused problems. :veryconfu

bassman

I3olTz said:
Another one is disney takeing out the live actor in the AK safari ride, and the one guy on RnRc who used to come out and get the guitar in the pre show.

i knew there was a guy in the AK safari,in the truck scene he was like a park ranger.man i thought i had dreamed that there was guy there because know one else saw in my family.

also didnt there used to be a jeep speed round a corner firing shots at you,(fake of course),up on a ridge,i believe the CM still shouts "poachers!!"but there isnt anything therenow ,at least for the past three years when ive been on kilamanjaro safaris there hasn't.

can anyone shed some light on this or is it me imagining things again

CoffeeJedi

bassman said:
can anyone shed some light on this or is it me imagining things again
you're absolutely right
Without the park ranger with an AK-47, and the attacking poachers, the "storyline" of KS is pointless. Do it right or don't do it at all.

HHI Surfer

mrtoad said:

I'm too young to remember that :( I'm sure I first rode the ride sometime in the eighties, but that means I was six years-old or younger. But on my past few trips (in the last couple of years or so) I have noticed that when you get to that portion of the ride, you hear the audio track "short out" - a cracking and buzzing noise. I can't be sure but I believe that's the part where your "ghost host" has just returned to continue his narration, and he says something to that effect. Anyone else notice/remember this?

Sharon L

I think sometimes there are effects in the rides that become troublesome over time. The effect keeps breaking down, which means the ride has to be closed so it can be fixed. They probably alter or remove the effect if the problems become chronic.

raven

I remember the moving tiled screens in UOE, the jumping water, the shaking caretaker and his dog and the swooping pterodactyl when they ran all the time. I'm not too bothered by some of the elements of shows not working when I go on them because I know they will be fixed. I'm just glad they decided to keep it open to keep most guests happy.

The only thing that kinda bugs me is a missing show element that was PLANNED for an attraction but was canned for budget reasons. Especially when the attraction hints toward the effect in the audio or otherwise even though guests will never experience it. Everytime I ride the Time Rover at AK I just keep hoping we will get a glimpse of our "cargo" on the back of the vehicle in the mirror on the last turn. "We made it! And look what we brought back with us.." (the hint to look in mirror to see a dino in tow). Had that peppers-ghost effect been completed I think I would be in heaven! :wave:

mrtoad

LilRoo714 said:
I find it funny that some of us always see things one way and see them another. I've never seen the HM caretaker and dog when they were not moving. :rolleyes: Funny, I had no idea this AA caused problems. :veryconfu

That is weird because it honestly never does when I see it. I always look as it has bugged me that it was not working. Weird.

monorailguy01

When I went in my I noticed the fish in slpash mountain was gone.. I was mad because I always notice it and look for the hidden mickey bobbers above it. now its gone.. but I still know where the Hidden mickey is :p

Rob562

raven said:
The only thing that kinda bugs me is a missing show element that was PLANNED for an attraction but was canned for budget reasons. Especially when the attraction hints toward the effect in the audio or otherwise even though guests will never experience it. Everytime I ride the Time Rover at AK I just keep hoping we will get a glimpse of our "cargo" on the back of the vehicle in the mirror on the last turn. "We made it! And look what we brought back with us.." (the hint to look in mirror to see a dino in tow). Had that peppers-ghost effect been completed I think I would be in heaven! :wave:

I hadn't heard that this effect was canned due to budget cuts, but rather they couldn't get the effect to look the way they wanted (or they couldn't get it to work at all). Budget cuts (at least on the mirror effect) were not part of the stories I've heard. The only thing in that area that DOES still kinda convey that part of the story is the monitor to the left of the mirror showing the loop of security cameras also seen in the gift shop area. My guess is that they added the extra monitor after they couldn't get the mirror working.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom