Delay in Imagineering Guide to the Magic Kingdom

Salty-

Original Poster
What looked like a late June/ early July release may not be until late September.

:(

There went my summer reading ;) .

(I guess book info can be posted in this thread since there really isn't one)

Pioneer Hall

That stinks! I ordered it on overstock, and when it got pushed back they screwed up my order. Long story short they are giving me the book for free.

Goofster

Does anybody know what happened? I stopped by borders to pick up my copy of the new book "The Imagineering Workout" yesterday and they told me that the Imagineering Field Guide was released on thursday and that it should be coming in soon. Talk about disappointment. At least I've got the Imagineering Workout to hold me over. So far, it's excellent.

Salty-

Original Poster
I can only guess that the publisher has not been very forthcoming with release information.

I have pre-ordered from Amazon and their dates have changed the most. Sometimes even putting the date in the fall, bringing the release data back a few weeks, only to have it pushed forward again.

Barnes and Noble has had no information beyond the intitial June release date and since all stores and online are tied into the same datatbase, a Customer Service Rep was only able to see the June release date.

Even since posting, the dates have changed yet again:confused: .

According to my info that Amazon has on my shipping date; the shipping date is somewhere between August 11 - August 13.

Barnes and Noble now has updated information with a different date of August 23. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ISBN=0786855533&pdf=y

Walmart (which I don't order from but seem to have somewhat accurate dates) has now changed their release date to September 28. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3537686

I guess there will be no concrete shipping date until the book is already in the distribution channels.:(

So final answer: Anywhere from August 11 - September 28.:hammer:

I work in a borders express (and yes i was there for all the Harry Potter mania) and have been waiting forever for this book to come out. First off its not even listed in my store system so it definitely would have to be a special order. And then when I try to order it says their is only one in the warehouse, which is funny because a week ago it still said that it wasn't released yet, but I ordered that one copy yet I do doubt it will come in. I check on this book everyday mto see if anything changes and I will make sure to keep everyone posted in case I get any new info!!

Salty-

Original Poster
Gentle WDWMagic Readers,
Looks like the book finally hit the distribution channels and is in stock at such places as Barnes and Noble, Amazon, etc.

You will probably find more success ordering online than trying to find the book in a brick and mortar store. (Not to say there is no harm in trying)

Thankfully my copy should arrive any day now.

Yup, I checked at my work last night and one of out warehouses that we get our shipment and special orders from had a little over 1000 of them so far. I ordered myself one!!

brkgnews

After looking through my copy that just arrived Thursday (9/1), I'm wondering if they delayed its release so they could include Pooh's Playful Spot. There's a very nice two-page spread on the playground, so I'm guessing that either...

A) They thought the playground was going to be finished by June (the original book date).

B) They decided to hold back the book until they had more info on the playground.

C) They didn't want to "tip their hand" about the playground until it officially opened.

Just a guess. Maybe there was also a genuine delay in production -- if so, the timing was an amazing coincidence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom