Defunctland: The Failure of Hong Kong Disneyland

ThemeParkTraveller

The Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge and the High Speed Rail opening in the last quarter of last year should help greatly with the park attendances. A lot of people on the west side of the Pearl River are visiting Hong Kong since the bridge opened.

Exactly as you predicted. The new transportation options had a large impact on attendance numbers despite only opening in the last quarter of the year. TEA also references the new Moana show as a reason for the increase, but I doubt that was a major factor.

Hong Kong Disneyland opened a new show “Moana: A Homecoming Celebration,” but its attendance increase of 8% for 2018 [6.2 million to 6.7 million] is also due to a pair of infrastructure improvements that have greatly expanded public access. One is a new high-speed rail line from China to the Hong Kong city center, and the other is the new Hong Kong-Macau-Zhuhai bridge. These new passages also helped stabilize attendance numbers at Ocean Park Hong Kong. Visitors availed themselves of tourist packages that bundled transportation with park admission.

Santiago

Hong Kong Disneyland needs to add more to its current lands, instead of creating entire new areas for rides, this could lower the cost for making new expansions.
I think this park should have the following rides:

Indiana Jones Adventure in Adventureland

Geiser Mountain: at Grizzly Gulch

Extraterrestrial Encounter: Tomorrowland

Toy Story Mania: Toy Story Land

New Peter Pan Ride: Fantasyland

Muppets Attraction: Main Street USA

The park should also work out on attracting more international tourists by expanding their culinary offerings!

As for the second Gate, If this is ever made, I hope they do an original concept, something unique and different! Maybe a park themed to Video Games from Disney Franchises to compete with Universal Epic Universe! They can use: Wreck it Ralph, Tron, Epic Mickey, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Star Wars, Marvel, Prince of Persia!

Hoping to see an attraction about Kingdom Hearts before I die, my life would be complete!

ParkPeeker

Hoping to see an attraction about Kingdom Hearts before I die, my life would be complete!
signed in just to reply. SAME.

I would go to whichever park had this ride (or rides plural/land, I’m being greedy) asap.

My delusional a$$ is now fantasizing about a Disney parks announcement for the 20th anniversary 😩

Phroobar

Hong Kong Disneyland needs to add more to its current lands, instead of creating entire new areas for rides, this could lower the cost for making new expansions.

The park should also work out on attracting more international tourists by expanding their culinary offerings!

As for the second Gate, If this is ever made, I hope they do an original concept, something unique and different! Maybe a park themed to Video Games from Disney Franchises to compete with Universal Epic Universe! They can use: Wreck it Ralph, Tron, Epic Mickey, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Star Wars, Marvel, Prince of Persia!

A Kingdom Hearts ride would be incredible. Maybe they should just give us Villain's Mountain or that flying indoor coaster they originally planned for Disney Animal Kingdom.

DLR92

They seriously need to add more attractions to each lands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom