Define "bad traffic..."

swedishengineer

Original Poster
So long story short, my wife and I are relocating to the MCO from the ATL (she got a kick-backside job at Kennedy) and we're looking for places to live. I have no idea where I'll be eventually working, but I think there's an equal chance for orlando as the Cape. Since there appears to be very little in the middle, we'll probably aim for living in east orlando. We think the bee line will be great for her drive, but how bad are the roads during rush hour for everywhere else? I have to think that just about anywhere is better than Atlanta, but I could be wrong. Thanks for y'all's (one word, two apostrophes?) help!

Woody13

Compared to Atlanta, Orlando's traffic is a cake walk!:D Just like all metro areas, you have to time your trips and/or know the back roads. Good luck!

swedishengineer

Original Poster
Update? Sure, why not?

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Yes, do let us know how your relocation goes.

We have completed the "Where the ____ are we going to live" and the "everyone get a job" phases, and are progressing into the "why the flying ____ hasn't our house sold yet?" phase.

Cliffs notes move:
Wife got NASA job. Gov't moves goods, we sell/buy house. Me: Atlanta=busyjob, Orlando=nojob. May 19 find apartment. May 22 move to apartment (cutting it close?). June1 -> wife=work, me=lookforwork. July1 -> wife=work, me=lookforwork. August1-> wife=work, me=willwork(forfood?).

For those keeping track at home (statistical reasons?) It took me about 2.5 months from the time I arrived to the time I will start work (me=engineer, individual results may vary, mileage varies with driving habits, see dealer for details).

I think our route was the easiest way, one of us got relocated. and in all honesty, the job market for most engineering is nearly infinitely better in central florida than it was in atlanta.

Anyone know a lot about home construction around here. We may be looking in a while....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom