Decorating for the 4th of July

WDWRLD

Original Poster
Heres a question, I plan on putting a little something on the door for the 4th of July but will DCL have a problem if I put a small red white and blue bunting on the balcony railing. Thought it would be cool to sit on Castaway Cay and look over and say, theres my cabin.

Kaleigh

You aren't technically supposed to, but I am not sure how quickly they would notice and make you take it off if it is just for that time at Castaway Cay. :)

Phonedave

Don't do it

Nothing is allowed to be stored on the balcony. It is in 'the rules' somewhere

One reason is for litter. They do not want anything blowing overboard (I believe they can be fined)

Another reason is they do not want the ship to look like a tenement with laundry hanging outside - no matter where it is currently docked or underway.

The biggest reason is safety. Fire is one of the most dangerous things that can happen on a ship. Back in 2006 a Princess ship went on fire http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11993405

The story I remember hearing is that somone smoking on a balcony threw their butt overboard, where it blew back onto another balcony where people had towels that were drying (or had dried). They caught fire, burned something like 125 staterooms and killed somone.

Since that incident cruise lines have been pretty strict about not allowing anything on the balcony - especially something as flammable as bunting.

-dave

WDWRLD

Original Poster
Well after all the Disney Dream was all done up for the 4th of July. They had Bunting on all the railings in the lobby and on all of the railings around
deck 12.They also decorated up Cabanas and Enchanted Garden with streamers and flags everywhere. It was funny how they put a letter in all the Starboard Staterooms saying please remove everything that you may have on the balcony to include drying cloths on the night of the pirate party fireworks along with a towel eagle left on the bed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom