decisions on when to go help

J9000

me and my family have started talking about a trip disneyworld in september, as it was so much fun last time,:sohappy: ( me mum and dad, im 25, rent a house and have a blast). unfortunatly due to trade shows/ christmas rush/ courses (dad is an architect, mum runs a mail order company and im a graphic promotions designer for a ceramics firm) there is only two gaps to go 1-15 september or 22 sep - 6 october:brick:

last time we went was 2004 during the second hurricane ( flew in that friday!:eek: fun flight i can say) and it was nice and quiet;) , need opinions on when to go crowd people wise, quietest is best! i know there are issues with food and drink, the halloween party, labour day and the free dining plan, so i could do with some expert opinion.
thanks
John

pinkrose

me and my family have started talking about a trip disneyworld in september, as it was so much fun last time,:sohappy: ( me mum and dad, im 25, rent a house and have a blast). unfortunatly due to trade shows/ christmas rush/ courses (dad is an architect, mum runs a mail order company and im a graphic promotions designer for a ceramics firm) there is only two gaps to go 1-15 september or 22 sep - 6 october:brick:

last time we went was 2004 during the second hurricane ( flew in that friday!:eek: fun flight i can say) and it was nice and quiet;) , need opinions on when to go crowd people wise, quietest is best! i know there are issues with food and drink, the halloween party, labour day and the free dining plan, so i could do with some expert opinion.
thanks
John

My suggestion is the Sept. 22 - Oct. 6. Free dining ends on the 22nd, so you have a better chance of getting some ADR's. It's also a little later in the hurricane season. Crowds would probably be a little lighter during that time as well (as more schools get back into session). Either time will not be as light (crowds) as the 2004 hurricane season. That was a busy season for Fl. and a lot of people rescheduled their vacations.

Upvote 0

Willful

So you're staying off property? Crowds, I think, begin to tail off towards the end of August. And then definitely after Labor Day. So you're pretty safe crowd wise after Labor Day. So truthfully anytime in September would be good. Mickey's Not-So-Scarey Halloween Party begins in September 14 and ends November 2. So if you're not interested in this party, this would limit your time at the MK. There's 3 parties if you were to go with your choice #2, which means 3 nights where you'd have to leave the MK by 7pm. Not sure if this is an issue for you or not. Food and Wine at Epcot is September 28 - November 11. Personally I wouldn't miss the Food and Wine!!! yummy!!! yummy!!!

I think either choices you might have a day or two of some crowds. But choice #1 is better...because it gets you to WDW faster!!! haha Seriously, choice one gets you right after Labor. sure the weekend might be busy. But this is your chance to take it slow. Do some stuff at the resorts or relaxing stuff. You'll be there for 2 weeks. You don't want to burn out too quickly, right? Then after Labor Day you can hit the parks hard...or continue to take it slow.

Anyways, just my humble opinion.

Upvote 0

J9000

Original Poster
thanks you two,
i think the thing that worries me the most is school breaks in september/october and how that will effect crowds in the parks, reading through the forums brings out many mixes of 'dead' to 'packed' for these general times, so i thought i would ask.

pinkrose,
thanks for the tip on dining, in the uk its being billed as running untill the 29th and i was worried about getting ressies anywhere. but was also worried about school breaks in october.

willful,
good planning idea, 2 months vs 2 1/2 months to go! :ROFLOL: but as i said we stay off property as an issue of money, 2 hotel rooms for 14 nights add up. and for that cost you can rent a house for 2 weeks, with private pool, no kids running up and down the hall and what food you want when you want it! you want lucky charms at 3 am? OK!!:slurp:
plus we intend visit the places we didnt get to last time (key west, st agustine, ybor etc)

that said, i still remember jim 'reverend' horton standing on stage at the house of blues and say "this next hurricane is heading for texas, i feel it in my bones" and he was right! such a cool guy.

personally, if the end of the month is as quiet as the start ( ie short lines, the abillity to ride everything you want without running around with fp, full camo makeup and stratigic planning maps.) would proberbly be a better option planning wise, just would like to go at the quietest possible time!

Upvote 0

Willful

I hear ya about the high cost of staying on property. I wanted to make sure the "rent a house" meant off property. I assumed so but wasn't sure. I think the end of the month might be better - especially if you're not staying the whole time within the WDW bubble.

Anyways, good luck with everything...and have a GREAT time!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom