Decisions, Decisions...

MouseDreaming

Hi everybody! Welcome to my big dilemma! And trust me, I am very happy to have this dilemma. :) POR or POFQ? We are planning an early June trip. The trip would be covered by the spring promotion dates. POR is covered under it, POFQ is not. My family loves POFQ, but also enjoy discounts. I don't think we would ponder this and turn it over so much except for one thing. We will not rent a car, and the bus at POFQ has always worked reasonably well for us. We usually go in March, and can't help but notice the many times we drive through a full depot at Riverside, just to upset people because there is no room for them to get on. So, how is the bus situation in June? Also, feel free to sell either resort to me! Thanks!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi everybody! Welcome to my big dilemma! And trust me, I am very happy to have this dilemma. :) POR or POFQ? We are planning an early June trip. The trip would be covered by the spring promotion dates. POR is covered under it, POFQ is not. My family loves POFQ, but also enjoy discounts. I don't think we would ponder this and turn it over so much except for one thing. We will not rent a car, and the bus at POFQ has always worked reasonably well for us. We usually go in March, and can't help but notice the many times we drive through a full depot at Riverside, just to upset people because there is no room for them to get on. So, how is the bus situation in June? Also, feel free to sell either resort to me! Thanks!
June isn't too bad before NY and NJ schools get out but once they do I'm already heading north. Things are just a little too crowded for me

Upvote 0

disneygirl1024

June is worse! That's when the schools are out on summer vacation. Last June we waited for over 45 minutes for a MK bus. I am not exaggerating. By the time the bus got to our stop which was the west depot i think it was always full to capacity. Talk about ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
June is worse! That's when the schools are out on summer vacation. Last June we waited for over 45 minutes for a MK bus. I am not exaggerating. By the time the bus got to our stop which was the west depot i think it was always full to capacity. Talk about ridiculous.
When in June? the first 2 weeks or so seemed a little busy but nothing like that I guess it all depends last year a lot of schools let out early due to lack of snow

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
June isn't too bad before NY and NJ schools get out but once they do I'm already heading north. Things are just a little too crowded for me
Our schools get out pretty early. My son's last final should be June 7, and (fingers crossed, no snow days, we'll be leaving soon after. So, hopefully we'll beat all of those folks.

When in June? the first 2 weeks or so seemed a little busy but nothing like that I guess it all depends last year a lot of schools let out early due to lack of snow
Little busy, we can handle. Busy in parks, OK. Bring it on. Waiting at the bus stop...Eh.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
We went during the first 2 weeks like around June 10
:eek: This truly worries me. Maybe we should just spend a little more, instead of trying to save a little. If we have to rent a car at some point, we are just breaking even with what we would pay for POFQ.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
Last year was our third trip in a row ( every two year ) to PORS tho have also stayed at FQ.Love the big easy,better grounds,better food court,great TS restaurant,awesome shop in Fultons.:)
Hey Hatter! Figured I'd see you here. I know you are a big fan of POR. I should mention I did stay here when it was Dixie Landings, and you are right, the grounds here are beautiful. Personally, I have had better luck with the food court on the other side. But rest assured, whichever one we are at, I promise to stop by and enjoy the pasta station. I suppose I should try an avacado margarita, too whilst on holiday.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
POR wins for me, but I've never stayed at POFQ. I just love Riverside too much to leave. I usually go in March too, and have never had issues with buses aside from one night at MK when a bus broke down.
I have the same problem...but in reverse. Love POFQ, and that is the problem. Honestly, when people start talking about taking buses within the resort to get to other places in the resort...they kind of lose me. But, I've seen the look on people's faces when the bus finally gets there, and they can't get on. I don't want to be one of those faces.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
We just stayed at FQ for the first time last September. We haven't stayed at RS yet, but we're considering it.
We have stayed at POFQ four times now--or each one of our family vacations. As I mentioned before, stayed at RS long ago, and it was lovely. But it was also early December. So I really don't know what to expect with the buses. If that wasn't a factor, I think I would have made ressies for POR by now. It isn't a whole lot of money we would save, but money all the same, that could fund a couple of TS dinners for us.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
To me? You have to go after the discount.... but wait.... why aren't you renting a car?
If you're concerned about the wait at the bus stops to the point where you're actually considering giving up a discount..then I offer this:

If you're getting a sweet discount and your use the money saved to rent a car...
Does that not equal: PROBLEM SOLVED?

EITHER WAY - We've stayed at both resorts and you truly cannot go wrong at either.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
To me? You have to go after the discount.... but wait.... why aren't you renting a car?
If you're concerned about the wait at the bus stops to the point where you're actually considering giving up a discount..then I offer this:

If you're getting a sweet discount and your use the money saved to rent a car...
Does that not equal: PROBLEM SOLVED?

EITHER WAY - We've stayed at both resorts and you truly cannot go wrong at either.

One of the things we love about WDW vacations is no driving. No getting in a car, no arguing over who is driving, no remembering where we parked. It is a lovely thing. So, no, don't want to rent a car.

Either way, I know we'll end up visiting the "other side". Love walking along the Sassagoula...Oops! Drifted off for a minute in vacation fantasy!

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I stay at FC when I can't get into POR. We Grand Opened each of the resorts PO and Dixie a year apart so we have a long track history with these two resorts. Yes we have had problems with both a few times, annoying at the time however for 2 decades we may have had problems 5 times with the buses, usually DTD buses. And never the problems I had this year at CS with their buses.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
One of the things we love about WDW vacations is no driving. No getting in a car, no arguing over who is driving, no remembering where we parked. It is a lovely thing. So, no, don't want to rent a car.

Either way, I know we'll end up visiting the "other side". Love walking along the Sassagoula...Oops! Drifted off for a minute in vacation fantasy!

Understood. I mentioned it for 2 reasons:
1.I'm a huge proponent of renting a car (It's easy to get everywhere and you can gain back up to 2 hours of free time depending on how much park hopping you do).
2.You mentioned the concerns about waiting in long lines at a bus stop or having to stop at multiple bus stops (see number 1)

To me renting a car for a $150 bucks for the week is the best bang for your buck on the whole vacation.

Like I said before....Regardless of your choice....you're going to have a blast! ENJOY!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom