December/January 2002-2003 Orlando Trip

Squall

Original Poster
I recently went to Orlando this past week with my family. It wasn't that bad. We flew Southeast Airlines to Orlando Sanford airport and drove straight to our resort (Westgate Lakes). The rooms were great. The first day we pretty much planned things. We went to dinner at Angel's (seafood buffet) which was great. The next day we went to Ron Jon's in Cocoa, we usually do that everytime we visit Florida. The next day we went to Universal. The que lines were terribly long. I think it was Back to the Future where they were operating at half capacity and it took forever but other than that the park was pretty good. The next day we went to Epcot. I couldn't believe that the line for Spaceship Earth was 45 minutes. It's not that long of a wait but when I went back in October of 2001, you would just walk onto the ride. The same thing with Test Track. Test Track had a three hour wait which I believe was worth but still very long. This was New Years Eve so we went to the Chinese place to eat and then the fireworks begun. By the time we were out of the park, we were soaking wet, not even damp, I'm talking drenched. That was a New Years Eve I will never forget. The next day was Magic Kingdom. -- We couldn't go on New Years Eve because it was at full capacity. The ques were decent. Alien Encounter was 10 minutes, Space Mountain was 65 minutes, Splash Mountain was 75 minutes (we used fast pass) and Thunder Mountain was 60 minutes (we used a fast pass for this one). I didn't go on many of the rides here -- I was really sick that day, I went on Alien Encounter, Space Mountain (twice -- one with fast pass), Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, the very boring and aggrivating Tiki Room, the hypnotising Small World and I think that's about it. I usually go to do all the mountains because they are the best in my oppinion. Their were alot of Parades and shows that day so I watched alot of those too. I had my first "turkey-leg" there too. I didn't like it that much but I figured I'd try it. Later we ate at the Crystal Palace and that was that. The vacation usually dies out after you've done the Disney Parks but the day after that we went to Bellz Outlet and prepared for our flight back to Newburgh the next morning. Well morning came and our flight was delayed because of the snow in Steward Airport. We arrived at Orlando Sanford at 1:00 PM and boarded flight 302 Southeast Airlines back to Newburgh at 7:30 PM. That's over six hours of a wait in the airport but it gets worse. Were half-way home and the pilot announces we have turn back to Orlando Sanford because the conditions are horrible in Steward. We got back to Orlando Sanford Airport and we had to get a hotel and everything and wait until this morning when the flight was re-scheduled to 10:00 AM. The flight back here was great.

My overall vacation rating -- 7.9/10.0

WDW-Imagineer

Hi, great report.... just wondering where do you live? I live in Rockland County, maybe 10 miles from Stewart International in Newburgh. I got caught in WDW during the 96 blizzard, kinda sucks missing the snow, but what better place to be stuck then WDW!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom