December Free Dining vs 40% off

disneytopdog

FYI-If anyone booked useing the 40% off pin for early November and early December and then recieved the Free Dining pin for the same time period, you might want to look at rebooking under the free dining if you are staying at a value resort. It saved me a little money, but every cent counts!!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
At a value yes. But free dining would have cost me a lot more than the 40% off at Beach Club...

Glad you could save a bit. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

Ahhhhhh yes, some are recognizing the "catch" of free dining.
While it can save some money if done at the right resort and used properly. Rack rates for rooms must be paid to get it.(where else do people pay rack rates?) This negates a major portion of the savings, especially these days when discounted rates are so common.
Disney's smart enough to know that by using the term "free", people start foaming at the mouth.
I'm not saying it a bad deal, just not the incredible value many think it is.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

Original Poster
The price of a disney vacation is just like buying a car. The car dealer will give you a big amount for your trade in but you will pay the sticker price. Or you will get a large amount off the sticker but will get very little on your trade in. Its all about squeezing the balloon..you just hope to get some of the air released!

Upvote 0

marcriss

Ahhhhhh yes, some are recognizing the "catch" of free dining.
While it can save some money if done at the right resort and used properly. Rack rates for rooms must be paid to get it.(where else do people pay rack rates?) This negates a major portion of the savings, especially these days when discounted rates are so common.
Disney's smart enough to know that by using the term "free", people start foaming at the mouth.
I'm not saying it a bad deal, just not the incredible value many think it is.

I agree totally. Unless you're at a value resort where I guess they only discount rooms so much, I haven't been able to see how "Free Dining" is a good deal. We're at the YC in December and it was over $1000 more to do the "Free Dining" vs the other offer. And for the money I like the perks of staying at a deluxe. I find we can eat everywhere we want and save money, (Tables in Wonderland is key). In essence you're still paying for the dining, you just have less control over it.

Upvote 0

going2oahu

Sometimes it's a better deal without the dining plan, but I probably wouldn't eat as well if I didn't purchase the plan. In other words, I feel an obligation to eat well when I have the plan where I might eat fast if I didn't have it.

Upvote 0

Figment73

I wish I had a 40% off code. We are planning a trip in Nov/ Dec. I guess i will just wait for Disneys Fall rates to come out. Hopefully they come out soon.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I wish I had a 40% off code. We are planning a trip in Nov/ Dec. I guess i will just wait for Disneys Fall rates to come out. Hopefully they come out soon.

We've had APs for the past 5 years and have never received a pin code...until I signed my 3 year old up on Disneyworld.com and typed in his AP #. A week later, we received our 40% off code. When I called to make our reservations the CM said that you had to be an adult to receive the code, so he called someone and had them remove that ability from my son's account.:mad:
They stilled honored our discount for our trips in Sept. and Dec. but I wonder if it is unlikely we'll ever get a pin again.:shrug:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I had gotten a 40% offer for last December. I was already booked @ CR in a tower room. When I called to ask about applying the discount, it was only good on a garden room, and I would have saved about $1000.00. Decided that I didn't want to switch.

About a month later, I got the free diding offer from Visa. Called to check on that availability, and was told it was only good on garden rooms, and the savings would be...... wait, you guessed it, $1000.00. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Upvote 0

marcriss

We've had APs for the past 5 years and have never received a pin code...until I signed my 3 year old up on Disneyworld.com and typed in his AP #. A week later, we received our 40% off code. When I called to make our reservations the CM said that you had to be an adult to receive the code, so he called someone and had them remove that ability from my son's account.:mad:
They stilled honored our discount for our trips in Sept. and Dec. but I wonder if it is unlikely we'll ever get a pin again.:shrug:

The pin code we got this year wasn't tied to an AP but it came in my son's name also. They just made a note that he was part of the traveling party to accept that pin code. I wonder if that will affect our future pin codes....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom