December favorites

mickey7879

We never miss MVMCP when we are there in December! We always check out the Osborne lights at HS and check out a few of the resorts to see how they are decorated. Some of our favorites are Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Beach Club. Also, the Candlelight Procession is awesome! Even better if you do their dining package so you don't have to wait in line. If you will have a car, check out Celebration, FL. It's so cute there! It "snows nightly" and you can meet Santa and Mrs. Claus as well. Make sure to bring some warmer clothes with you as well. The first part of December when we were there last year was quite chilly (in the 30's at night) but the second part warmed up for us. We're used to cold weather, but 30 in FL is a wet/damp cold compared to the 30 dry cold we're used to in Maine. Have fun!

Upvote 0

coltow

Visit Mr & Mrs Claus in America @ ECPOT
Do MVMCP
See Osborne Lights
Visit a few resorts, we loved GF, WL and AKL, their lobbies were amazing.

Upvote 0

lisa2465

We never miss MVMCP when we are there in December! We always check out the Osborne lights at HS and check out a few of the resorts to see how they are decorated. Some of our favorites are Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Beach Club. Also, the Candlelight Procession is awesome! Even better if you do their dining package so you don't have to wait in line. If you will have a car, check out Celebration, FL. It's so cute there! It "snows nightly" and you can meet Santa and Mrs. Claus as well. Make sure to bring some warmer clothes with you as well. The first part of December when we were there last year was quite chilly (in the 30's at night) but the second part warmed up for us. We're used to cold weather, but 30 in FL is a wet/damp cold compared to the 30 dry cold we're used to in Maine. Have fun!
I totally agree...

Upvote 0

lbrad

DH & I went last December...went to DHS Friday night for the first night of Osbourne Spectacle of Lights...AWESOME!!!
Did Epcot Saturday...we did the dining package for the the Candlelight Processional...very nice!!!
Attended MVMCP Sunday...went early @ 4pm had dinner @ Tony's..finished in time to see the Castle lighting ceremony & enjoyed ALL the fesivities of the party :sohappy: Ccrowds were light because the weather was bad...hurray for us ...we don't mind the wind & rain...plus we paid alot of $$$ and travelled a long way for it...we were going!!!
All the characters were great & plentiful!
We managed to see a few resorts on the monorail loop...GF was gorgeous. We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary @ Narcoossee's :slurp:
We stayed @ POFQ...romantic & quaint. Scat Cat Lounge was fun.
We had a wonderful time!!
Enjoy your trip & have a magical time :xmas:

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Epcot Candlelight Processional
Osborne Family Lights
Resort hopping, especially Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club

Upvote 0

Spinky

We got for a 2 week stay over Christmas and I am so excited about it I'm really looking forward to doing all the contrys at Epcot and seeing there Christmas story hope the Uk's one does it justice :xmas:

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Attending MVMCP and watching Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas show in the Galaxay Theatre (where the Stitch dance thingy is now), getting curb space to watch the Christmas Parade (esp. the Toy Soldiers) and last by not least - watching Holiday Wishes!

Seeing the Osbourne Lights at HS.

Watching the Candlelight Processional (WITH a dinner package) at Epcot.

Attend the tree lighting ceremony at each park.

Visiting all the Santas in the world showcase and hear the legends from the different countries.

Checking out the beautifully decorated resorts.

Shopping at Downtown Disney and buying a personalized Christmas ornament from the Disney Christmas store!!

My FAVORITE time to visit WDW!!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip!:xmas:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Leisurely exploring all the holiday offerings at Epcot, both day and night.
Taking the time to visit with the storytellers, Candlelight processional always gives me goosebumps. Stopping in to the different holiday performances by Voices of Liberty.

Oh yea, Osborne, MVMCP, castle lights and all that stuff too! :D

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Leisurely exploring all the holiday offerings at Epcot, both day and night.
Taking the time to visit with the storytellers, Candlelight processional always gives me goosebumps. Stopping in to the different holiday performances by Voices of Liberty.

Oh yea, Osborne, MVMCP, castle lights and all that stuff too! :D

I knew I was forgetting something!!! Yes, totally agree with Clemson Tigger must take time to see Voices of Liberty. Total goosebump experience!!

Upvote 0

SMRT-1Michael

• MVMCP (never miss it)
  • Candlelight Processional (never miss it)
  • Osborne Lights
  • Grand Floridian
  • Contemporary
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Beach Club
  • BoardWalk
  • Holidays Around the World
  • Holiday Wishes
    Epcot Tree Lighting ceremony
We go at least 3-4 times per year but we always book one of our vacations right after Thanksgiving or first week of December. :xmas::xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

dave1105

Definately MVMCP! Also the Candlelight Processional! We also tour most of the deluxe hotels (Beach Club, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian, AKL and Wilderness Lodge). Christmas around the world at EPCOT, Castle lighting at WDW and Osborne lights. :xmas:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We were just there in December 08 and let me tell you, there are so many things you have to checkout! Here's my list of must see during the holidays

Osborne Spectacle of Lights at DHS
Candlelight Processional at Epcot
MVMCP
Holidays around the world at Epcot... DS loved meeting all the santa claus' from the different countries
Check out all the decor at the Deluxe resorts.

Yep, thinks that summs up my list! You are going to have a Magical time!!!

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Definitely Osborne lights, the whole Dh is awesome, it even snows nightly there> We love to see all the resorts> Epcot is awesome too! There is no place not to go to. No matter wher you go, or what you do, its the best time to go. Make sure to visit the christmas stores as well, the one in DH is great, and so is the one in DTD.:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

tink74

Christmas

We are also going over the holidays. Santa visited our children last week to let them know that we will be at WDW for Christmas and NYE.

We surprised them early due to my stepsons leaving until Christmas.

I appreciate everyone's responses even though I am not the OP. I have found them very helpful.

Plutopal.....we are heading there from the Houston area. :)

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

Practically an attraction for us--and a place to get some unique and reasonably priced gifts/souveneirs(sp?) for people back home: Glassblower near Germany making ornaments. No guarantee he'll be back, I guess, but it was cool to watch. Also, you could pick colors, etc. that you wanted him to do for ornaments that you wanted to buy. Last year, it seemed most everything Christmas-related was 40% off. So, those ornaments were really very reasonable.

Candlelight Processional is nice--I recommend getting a CP Dinner package.

If you don't have the $$ for MVMCP, and if you get lucky, you might be able to see the fireworks from the Poly. We accidentally were at Ohana at just the right time to get to see them last Dec. For me, nothing is quite like feeling the thump of fireworks exploding, BUT it was still nice to watch.

Edit: CP Dinner package was only one credit last year--well worth it! At 2 credits, I guess you really have to evaluate whether you care that much about it...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom