December 8th-14th crowds?

Animator_Alex

We have reservations for December 8th-14th. What can I expect for crowds around this time? I've been the week before Thanksgiving and the crowds were unbearable. Is it anything like that? Thanks!

I am Timmy

I don't know what Thanksgiving crowds are like, but last year at the same time it was busier than previous years. Not unbearable, but busy. Plan accordingly and you'll be fine - we go at that time every year.

Upvote 0

OneofThree

Live here. The World is very, very busy now from Halloween through New Years. If you go during that time, go for the decorations and parties (if that's your thing), but expect heavy crowds. That's the trade-off.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Very similar. A lot more people are going during that time hoping to get in on the splendor of the decorations, MVMCP, and holiday joy while expecting to beat the Christmas crowds that arrive closer to the Christmas week. Because theyve bought into the idea that its a slower time to visit, the bookings for that time have expanded. More parents are taking kids out of school as well. It certainly wont be as bad as Christmas week but it will be much more crowded than it was years ago. Plan on moderate to lengthy waits for attractions, bus times and youll find more competition for dining spots.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We were just there December 20-24, 2018. Yes it was crowded but with good planning of FPs and early arrival everyday, we never had a problem. Only one day was super crowded at DHS. The rest were quite manageable and not uncomfortable.

Upvote 0

macefamily

That was our "go-to" week for many years. It was fantastic back from 1998-2009. Wait times for several of the popular rides were 20-30 minutes. Those times are gone. Weather around that time is unpredictable as well. I remember one year when we went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas walking down Main Street and the water was up to our ankles. It rained steadily for two days. One year it was 29 degrees at night. Hit or miss.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

One of our more recent visits was Dec 7-13...so similar dates. It was more crowded than I expected, but not as crowded as a holiday trip. That being said, we've also been around Thanksgiving, so I'm not sure which part(s) of the week were an issue for you. When we went, crowds didn't get heavy until Wednesday before Thanksgiving...and that was closer to crowds we've seen week before Christmas...but tapering off by Saturday and Sunday. Our worst crowds with the December dates were probably on par with Monday or Sunday (before) of Thanksgiving week.

All this being said, you will likely be walking into boosted crowds there for the early days of SGE being open, so that's going to boost attendance numbers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom