December 2018 trip question.

NAPO

Hello everyone. Long time lurker here.

Lost a bet so I'm taking my girlfriend, my sister in law and our son to the busiest time of the year to experience the Holidays down in WDW. We are going from the 19-29 and I have a question about a potential hiccup with our booking.

I would like to do the Magic your way package but it's not giving me the option to get tickets for 2 people instead of 4. Reason is we already have 2-3day tickets from Undercover Tourist which I bought before the price increase as a wedding gift for folks who don't plan to attend Disney this year, so I'm stuck with them.

Questions is, Can I just book the Magic your way package for 2 people and then be able to modify back to 4 or do I have to just book the resort and purchase tickets separately and miss on the mini golf tickets and other discounts?

Thanks beforehand and happy to be part of the Disney community.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hello everyone. Long time lurker here.

Lost a bet so I'm taking my girlfriend, my sister in law and our son to the busiest time of the year to experience the Holidays down in WDW. We are going from the 19-29 and I have a question about a potential hiccup with our booking.

I would like to do the Magic your way package but it's not giving me the option to get tickets for 2 people instead of 4. Reason is we already have 2-3day tickets from Undercover Tourist which I bought before the price increase as a wedding gift for folks who don't plan to attend Disney this year, so I'm stuck with them.

Questions is, Can I just book the Magic your way package for 2 people and then be able to modify back to 4 or do I have to just book the resort and purchase tickets separately and miss on the mini golf tickets and other discounts?

Thanks beforehand and happy to be part of the Disney community.

System will select the number of tickets based on the number of guests on the reservation. You're going to be there for 9 nights. Why would you only want 3 day tickets? You don't get a discount on tickets combining them with a resort room. And to get those extras, you'd have to get the park hopper plus package. With a MYW package, you've got 45 day cancellation window, as opposed to the 5 day for a room only.

I do a room only reservation and purchase tickets separately. That way, each guest can get tickets for the number of days needed, using the tickets you've already purchased for two guests. You might be able to add additional days to the tickets you've already got, but that will probably take a phone call to check on.

Upvote 0

NAPO

Original Poster
System will select the number of tickets based on the number of guests on the reservation. You're going to be there for 9 nights. Why would you only want 3 day tickets? You don't get a discount on tickets combining them with a resort room. And to get those extras, you'd have to get the park hopper plus package. With a MYW package, you've got 45 day cancellation window, as opposed to the 5 day for a room only.

I do a room only reservation and purchase tickets separately. That way, each guest can get tickets for the number of days needed, using the tickets you've already purchased for two guests. You might be able to add additional days to the tickets you've already got, but that will probably take a phone call to check on.

Thanks for your reply.

I kind of figured I had to do it that way. I used to be a local and I will also be visiting family down there so Disney is only a part of my trip. I also bought tickets for MVMCP so I don't really need that many days.

Also, I had those extras last year when I bought the package including a 6 night stay and 3-4 day tickets.

Either way, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I suggest that if you are going to need more than your 3 day ticket that you book everyone with whatever that additional ticket be, whether it's 2 days or whatever. Then the people that will not have the extra ticket that you have go to guest services at one of the parks and upgrade their ticket to how every many days they will actually need. That way you have your package with a $200 deposit and cancellation policy of 30 days prior.
If you are NOT going to purchase more days of tickets for yourself then go with a room only or room with dining reservation and have the other guests purchase tickets separately.

I hope that helped. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me

Pam

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I suggest that if you are going to need more than your 3 day ticket that you book everyone with whatever that additional ticket be, whether it's 2 days or whatever. Then the people that will not have the extra ticket that you have go to guest services at one of the parks and upgrade their ticket to how every many days they will actually need. That way you have your package with a $200 deposit and cancellation policy of 30 days prior.
If you are NOT going to purchase more days of tickets for yourself then go with a room only or room with dining reservation and have the other guests purchase tickets separately.

I hope that helped. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me

Pam

Or even better, have Pam book it for you, right Pam? They'll even monitor upcoming room discounts for you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom