December 2017 trip, two "rookie" adults. Looking for advice!

Hey everyone! My wife and I are approaching our 5 year anniversary and wanted to head to Disney to celebrate. We are traveling sans kids. Our plan is to drive down from Central NC on December 17th and check into the Caribbean Beach Resort. On Monday the 18th I figured we'd do MK, Tuesday the 19th Epcot, and Wednesday the 20th at both HS and AK. On the 20th at night, we will drive to our universal resort and stay there from Wednesday night until Saturday, enjoying the parks there on Thursday and Friday. We did not book a dining plan at universal but did for Disney. So far our restaurants are
-Be our Guest on our first day (I've already got my alarm set for 6am 180 days out to book, so I know that drill)
-Maybe Rose and Crown or Coral reef in Epcot?
-Then O'hana at AK

First off, do these seem like decent choices to you all? And do you find it better to book your dining in the park that you will be in during the day to maximize time in the parks? My thoughts being we get on the buss for rope drop and don't get back to the resort until after dinner.....Thoughts? Also, I've looked the crowd calendars that state the week before Christmas isn't terrible as far as crowds, but any first hand advice is so appreciated.

Any other tips for two 30 year olds celebrating an anniversary at Disney in December? As you can guess by my name, I'm not a high level exec who can drop thousands upon thousands but am willing to spend a bit for anything you all say is a must do. Thanks again and I can't wait to get to know everyone!

Disney Stine

If you are unable to get Be Our Guest, keep trying. People change plans all of the time. I've been able to book a reservation for 9 and a reservation for 2 a month before trips.
You can also go for lunch, although it is quick service, but you'll be able to dine inside the restaurant and experience the different rooms.

Upvote 0

Roakor

Lunch at BoG is a great way to experience the place. you are free to walk to all three areas just be mindful of other guest. we sat in the west wing once, near the rose. there was a never ending stream of people bumping into our table, chairs trying to get pics in front of the rose. Or just crowding around the table waiting their turn.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom