December 2009

Tiggerfanatic

Is is too early to start a thread for December?:lookaroun I just booked this morning for Dec. 6-11th and am so excited!! 171 days and I'll be enjoying the free dining!!

annadseal

We'll be visiting in December, too! Dec 12-20. I'll be there for my birthday as well, and I'm really excited! I'm hoping that the free dining thing is real. We haven't received a pin as of yet, but maybe in the future? I was hoping my parents would agree to do the dining plan as there are many places I want to take them to eat, but they just don't see the advantage. But if it's free I'm sure they would!

Can anyone give me an idea on what crowds are like during this time? We've been at Christmas before, but not at the exact same time. We arrived a few days later than what we will be this time, and left after Christmas. I've heard that crowds are lighter on the dates that we've booked...is that true?

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
We received a pin for the free dining also. I came from Disney Travel. We were able to re-book our trip and re-book my parents trip. We originally booked through AAA, but this offer saved so much more money. Can't wait for Dec 6th to come!!!

Tiggerfanatic, maybe we will unknowingly pass each other as we will be there until the 12th. It's not too early to start this thread......Merry Christmas!!!
:xmas:

Where are you staying? I'm booked at PO Riverside. I'll be flying solo this trip - maybe we can set up a meet!! And Merry Christmas to you all, too.

We'll be visiting in December, too! Dec 12-20. I'll be there for my birthday as well, and I'm really excited! I'm hoping that the free dining thing is real. We haven't received a pin as of yet, but maybe in the future? I was hoping my parents would agree to do the dining plan as there are many places I want to take them to eat, but they just don't see the advantage. But if it's free I'm sure they would!

Can anyone give me an idea on what crowds are like during this time? We've been at Christmas before, but not at the exact same time. We arrived a few days later than what we will be this time, and left after Christmas. I've heard that crowds are lighter on the dates that we've booked...is that true?

I've gone that week the last 2 years, and found the crowds to be reasonable. A couple of the popular attractions will have long wait times, but with fastpass and EMH, they are all doable. Didn't have any trouble getting all the dining reservations I wanted at the 90day mark either.

Upvote 0

harryk

Have been going in December rotating from 1st thru 3 weeks over the past 10 years and the crowds, while they claim are lighter than during the 'school vacation', have been getting heavier. More and more guests are discovering this period and coming to WDW.
So - overall the answer to your question of NO.

:xmas::xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

MickeyMark57

MickeyMark57

Glad to know about the dining in December deal being available thru Disney Travel and not the Disney VISA company. Glad to know the wdwmagic crew is on top of all things Disney.
Our family will be going back in December the week of the 13th. It may be a little crowded but not bad. The decorations are worth the trip at that time of year. It makes you feel that this is how Christmas is supposed to be and it makes us slow down and enjoy the season and family. I can put up with a few crowds when I'm feeling that good and not burning up like you do in the summer.:xmas::xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

annadseal

Thanks for the answers! We've been to Disney quite a few times before, mostly visiting whenever Mardi Gras vacation came for us. But the past few times, now that us kids are older, we've been choosing different times of the year. The worst vacation crowds I've ever seen were during Spring Break. We've vowed to never do that again. As long as the crowds aren't as bad as they were then, we'll be fine.:)

Upvote 0

rkelly42

We are booked to stay at Poly from the 5th-12th. This is our first time going to Disney during December and was wondering if anyone knows what the crowd levels are like, it would be great if anyone could give me an idea of how busy it is, thank you.

Upvote 0

Kriszee1

I was lucky enough to get the email about the free dining. I'm going during Jersey Week in November and it says it's good for then! Yippee! :) I have a call out to my travel agent. I will find out on Tuesday if we are a go for free dining!

Upvote 0

marcriss

We'll be there 12/5-15. We've gone the same basic time the last 4 years. The crowds are moderate and they build the closer you get to Christmas. Each year has been slightly more crowded than the previous one. But it's very manageable. Downtown Disney on the weekends can be crazy with locals and tourists doing christmas shopping.

The key thing for us has been to be completely done with our holiday prep before we go. It's a great time to go because balancing a vacation in the middle of holiday crunch time keeps more people away. And it's beautiful!

Upvote 0

annadseal

Out of curiosity, how soon after you book your vacation are you guys getting the free dining pin for December? I'm getting the distinct impression that it's pretty random as to who they're being sent to, but it's still an exciting offer! I hope we'll get one.

Upvote 0

marcriss

Out of curiosity, how soon after you book your vacation are you guys getting the free dining pin for December? I'm getting the distinct impression that it's pretty random as to who they're being sent to, but it's still an exciting offer! I hope we'll get one.

It is completely random. We got a pin code for 40% off our trip about two months after we booked. But, the pincode was sent to my 7 yr old son. Because he's traveling with us they allowed it. It was sent to an e-mail address I used when I registered his birthday on Disney.com.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Kriszee1

We booked ours for November in January. I put my son's and my own November birthdays in as soon as they came out with the Celebrate Today campaign. I just got the email a few days ago and SCORE!!!!!! Free Dining! :) My travel agent told me that only the person that receives the email can use the pin. They are non-transferrable. I feel so blessed to have received one. After 10 visits.....I got some REALLY great magic thrown my way!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom