December 14- 20?

Jenngusto

I know early December is not supposed to be busy in the parks and that it gets busy again the week of Christmas...but when does that "week before Christmas" start? In other words, how busy would the week of December 14 through December 20 be in the resort? I have never been at this time of the year and am trying to plan a trip after my boyfriend is finished with his fall semester classes Decemer 10...

Also, how hard it is to secure reservations for the holiday party? And, at holiday time, does Magic Kingdom run the regular Wishes or a holiday version? I LOVED Wishes when I was in the parks a year and a half ago....

Thanks in advance of any and all info.

Reservations should be done By June/July...and also...call exactly 60 days in advanced for all Advanced Reservations. I believe they have a regular version of wishes unless you go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Ticketing for the Christmas Party usually goes on sale 3 months ahead of time..but you should call 407-W-DISNEY just to make sure. :biggrin:

Upvote 0

wcox377492

The Christmas party you can book with Disney reservations 407 wdisney as soon as they announce it. You'll have to pay at that point, but you'll have your tickets in hand. On the advance dining reservation (formerly priority seating), I think that it has been extended to 180 days before your arrival date, instead of the 60 day rule. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Rob562

Jenngusto said:
I know early December is not supposed to be busy in the parks and that it gets busy again the week of Christmas...but when does that "week before Christmas" start? In other words, how busy would the week of December 14 through December 20 be in the resort? I have never been at this time of the year and am trying to plan a trip after my boyfriend is finished with his fall semester classes Decemer 10...

Also, how hard it is to secure reservations for the holiday party? And, at holiday time, does Magic Kingdom run the regular Wishes or a holiday version? I LOVED Wishes when I was in the parks a year and a half ago....

Thanks in advance of any and all info.

Well, Christmas is a Monday this year, which makes the timing of things a little tricky. I often go in early December. Your first few days should be OK, but then you'll start to see a noticable increase in crowds starting the 16th. (I'd avoid the MK Saturday the 16th if I were you), and they'll rise as the week goes on.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

Original Poster
Thank you

Thank you all for all your info. I wish we could go earlier but his exams will not be done until the 9th and flights are so expensive at that time.

Upvote 0

MissM

They've only been running Holiday Wishes for the normal night show after MVMCP ended. So I think last year the final night was the 20th, so the 21st through 31st would also get to see Holiday Wishes. I went on xmas eve last year and we got to enjoy it.

The biggest problem is going to be that several nights of your stay are going to be MVMCP nights. MK will therefore close at 6pm. I'd check the schedule when it comes out (probably next month or early May) and plan not to be in MK on those days.
-m

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If want a good idea of crowds, touringplans.com has it's Best Day calendar up for everyone to see. They base it on historical attendance and events along with surveys and in-park data collection.

http://www.touringplans.com/BestDays.htm

They have the predicted MVMCP dates listed and the predicted crowd levels. Things look to start picking up on the 16-17th.

Be sure to check back, that calendar will be updated as park hours are released and event dates are fianlzied, which may signifigantly alter the projections.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom