Decals for baby helmets

afavro24

Original Poster
My family is going back to WDW for July 4th week and my sister is bringing her 9 month old twin boys. They have to wear helmets from a recent surgery and we were trying to think of something to put on the back, either a quote, picture or something else. If you have any ideas, we would love to hear them!

Cmdr_Crimson

One idea is to get black circle stickers to put on either side to make mouse ears...

But, then I saw this but, I'm not sure if they can wear this kind of helmet...
mickey-mouse-bike-helmet-with-ears-136380516989610401-130507152150.jpg

afavro24

Original Poster
It is a specific molded helmet to shape their heads. They are clear. I saw that too and thought it was awesome!

afavro24

Original Poster
They will be very hot! They get to take them off for a few hours a day and will only be in the parks for a little while. Otherwise they will be back in the hotel or in the pool.

Ariel484

Good point by @Nemo14, but (and apologies if this is an ignorant/stupid question) is sunburn a concern since the helmets are clear? Maybe something lightly colored to protect them from the sun?

ETA: Glad the kiddos are okay after the surgery. :)

afavro24

Original Poster
Ariel: Thanks for the kind words. They are going fantastic!! My sister will undoubtedly cover their little heads in sunscreen. We aren't looking to cover the whole thing, just maybe a sticker for the side or back. I wanted them to say "This is my Space Mountain helmet", but she wanted more suggestions… ;)

Ariel484

@afavro24 - okay, good! :) Should have figured!

I've always been a fan of these...they're for cars. Not sure how well the white would show up on the clear helmets though?
4169i5eu-6L.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/MICKEY-EARS-FAMILY-Vinyl-Sticker/dp/B001LA391A/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Something like this might show up better:
21eQJVE6yqL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/MICKEY-MOUSE-...1L9ZHYS/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0#productDetails

These are both pretty cheap so you could order multiple if you want...of course I am a pretty simple gal so you may want something a little more exciting for the kiddos! :)

One thing I'm not certain about is whether they are stickers or decals that you can easily remove. Seems like maybe you'd want them to come off easily once the trip is over? They are described as "decals" in the official wording but then reviewers use the word "stickers"...

tritonpwrd

My son actually got his helmet taken off today! He's 7 months old and has been to wdw twice so far and a future trip planned for august. As for the decals we used the vinyl wall decals that are sold to decorate kids rooms. His theme was monsters university and the decals held up great. Just try to avoid the parks mid day because he did get a little hot but nothing crazy.

Maelstrom Troll

She ended up making the helmets look like space helmets for mission: space. They are really cool and if anyone sees twin baby boys at WDW on the week of July 4th, say hello!
That sounds so cute! Be sure to get plenty of pics for us! Glad to hear the kiddos are doing well after surgery too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom