Dec 30, 2010 Update on 40th merchandise in Emporium with Photos!

puntagordabob

Original Poster
Some really nice merchandise starting to appear as some posters have stated....since I was there yesterday I thought I had better snap some pics for you all since to my knowledge not a lot had been posted yet....

I normally would have posted the 1st one smaller but figured the purpose of it was to allow you to actually see it in detail lol...the second pic which is of the cool looking snowglobe they had out..... there were other items like notebooks etc....but these were the items that seemed to not have been pictured or in most cases I didnt see any mention of them.... I would have taken more but we were running late for the Merry Mixer over at the CR.
5309933452_f1b96a116b_b.jpg

5309347011_5bfe8fd58d_b.jpg

SirNim

Cool pics, thanks!

I really love the retro logo "D40," even though the typeface in which the numeral "4" is set kinda feels a little awkward.

wolf359

Cool pics, thanks!

I really love the retro logo "D40," even though the typeface in which the numeral "4" is set kinda feels a little awkward.

Me too! If the 4 were a little heavier I think it would seem more "right," but it would also crowd the Mickey Globe too much.

I'm just glad to see any version of the Mickey Globe D being used officially.

MaryJaneP

Anyone know if they are going to use something like "4D" as in forty with the 0 being a D and given all the hype about 3D this and that, 4D would be a whole D better than 3D.

devoy1701

Okay, theres the D, where's the 4? The D is old school, put it with the 4 for the 4Dth. Right?

actually that makes sense, because when you say 4-D you are saying the same way you say forty...so 4Dth is kind of catchy...though it might go over some people's heads...for instance redfive's... :shrug:

devoy1701

Is this the new "motto thing?" lol like 'celebrate you,' 'happiest place on earth,' and 'what will you celebrate?':p

no. the new marketing campaign for 2011 is "Let the Memories Begin".

The "xx Years of Magic" is something they have always used to celebrate a resorts anniversary.

MaryJaneP

actually that makes sense, because when you say 4-D you are saying the same way you say forty...so 4Dth is kind of catchy...though it might go over some people's heads...for instance redfive's... :shrug:

Thanks for noticing the intended pronuncuation. It seemed to be a good combo.

Disneykidder

Can't wait to see in person. I want the Mickey head frame, travel mug, regular mug and the snow globe...better get ready to ship them home. :)

Thanks for sharing!! Any shirts? Sweatshirts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom