Debating College Program...

numchuckwoolery

Original Poster
Hey Everybody,
I am new to the boards so you will have to excuse my lack of knowledge and things of that sort.

I am debating whether or not to apply to the college program and if so the advantage or regular program?

I am worried because I have applied before and was accepted but had to decline due to personal reasons, thus I am worried that I will not be accepted. And as far as which program to do, I am a bit timid because June to Dec. is a long time to move to Florida and then have to uproot and move back to finish school.

So I was wondering do students involved in this have a life outside of work and is it really a positive enviroment to work in?

Also, since I missed the presentation on campus does doing the internet presentation hurt my chances even more.

I am very very interested in the program, but I want to make sure that I am making the right decision.

Thanks for your time and I am sorry for the disjointed nature, I just have a thousand questions to ask.

packwingfn

I'm working on joining the Disney College Program as wel so I know how you feel, You have a million questions! lol It's ok. I have no answers for you but I'm just letting you know that you're not alone

joanna71985

numchuckwoolery said:
Hey Everybody,
I am new to the boards so you will have to excuse my lack of knowledge and things of that sort.

I am debating whether or not to apply to the college program and if so the advantage or regular program?

I am worried because I have applied before and was accepted but had to decline due to personal reasons, thus I am worried that I will not be accepted. And as far as which program to do, I am a bit timid because June to Dec. is a long time to move to Florida and then have to uproot and move back to finish school.

So I was wondering do students involved in this have a life outside of work and is it really a positive enviroment to work in?

Also, since I missed the presentation on campus does doing the internet presentation hurt my chances even more.

I am very very interested in the program, but I want to make sure that I am making the right decision.

Thanks for your time and I am sorry for the disjointed nature, I just have a thousand questions to ask.

Hey there. It's ok to have questions. Let me see if I can answer them for you.

1. I am debating whether or not to apply to the college program and if so the advantage or regular program?- It totally depends on you. For my last CP, I got accepted for the Spring, but extended over the summer (so I was there for 8 months). So when I applied for the Fall 2006 CP, I asked for advantage.

2. I am worried because I have applied before and was accepted but had to decline due to personal reasons, thus I am worried that I will not be accepted. - I don't think that should make a difference. Since you didn't go down to disney, you didn't have to self-terminate. So you still should be able to reapply.

3. So I was wondering do students involved in this have a life outside of work and is it really a positive enviroment to work in?- Yes. For both counts (for me anyway). I went to all the parks all the time (since CPs get in for free). I enjoyed my job and picked up a lot of extra hours at the parks. There is a lot to do down in Florida.

4. Also, since I missed the presentation on campus does doing the internet presentation hurt my chances even more. - Nope. I did the online presentation this time. The only reason I haven't gotten anything yet is because I am attending an audition (I do know they received my application though. And I am currently on "hold" until after the audition".

So whatever you choose, good luck. The website (www.wdwcollegeprogram.com) is a good place for CP info. And feel free to keep asking questions here.

schroder6452

numchuckwoolery said:
Hey Everybody,

Reg or Adv. --If you are worried about commiting to 8 months with the Adv. chose the Reg since you always have the option of extending for a few more month.

Declining an acceptance--I actually did this 2 times. I applied for Fall 03 declined that and got in and went for Spring 04. Then I applied for Spring 05 declined and then went for Summer Alumni 05. It doesn't hurt at all.

Life outside of work--Id always be at the parks when not working. I didn't have many friends who had cars so I just entertained myself around Disney, which was perfectly fine by me.

Work---I enjoyed the 2 jobs I had and the places they were.

CaptainMichael

I am worried because I have applied before and was accepted but had to decline due to personal reasons
This isn't a problem. Our recruiter encouraged us to apply even if we weren't sure just to see how the process works.

From what I hear, yes. It is an experience that you will never forget. You will make friends and learn important things.
This shouldn't be a problem
Go. If not, you might wind up regretting it for the rest of your life.

When you apply just do the normal program, you can always extend when you get there and you like it.

cnicholson726

Collage Program

Hi, i was never on the CP but i made friends with alot of people who were on it. There are alot of mixed feelings. Alot of people complain because you dont get paid as much as a regular f/t or p/t cast member, and when you do get your check most of it is taken out for rent, cause you will be staying in either chattam or vista way. if you do do it try to go to chattam. vista way is a crap hole, i have been there. you will have time to yourself and you will be able to get into the 4 parks for free. but when it is busy season you will be working your butt off, and they deploy cp's everywhere. wich means you can be stationed at 1 resort or park and at anytime they can send you to other parks or resorts (depending on if you work in a park or resort) anytime and sometimes you wont see your home palce for weeks. i know alot of people who hatted it and some people who got a really good experience from it. if you are going to do it i would suddgest you come with a good attitude and think positive. I dont mean to make it sound bad you do meet alot of great people and do have fun, but just remember that the cp's get the ______ end of everything. but you and only you can make it worth your wild.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom