Dear Walt....

TP2000

Very funny, and so nice to be reminded that Walt was a real man and not just a corporate spokesman.

It's also indicative of a bygone era in this country. Now, this letter would be round-filed by Disney immediately. Does Bob Iger even open letters? Does his secretary even have a letter opener at her desk? Little Wendy would have to use the "Contact Us" page at Disney.com and receive an automated form letter in her email in 3 seconds.

And the only way Bob Iger and the head of Warner Brothers would ever talk would be through lawyers and sanitized third-party briefs that couldn't be held legally responsible for anything. Much less contain a well-placed four letter word for extra spice and wit! Go Walt!

Kamikaze

Very funny, and so nice to be reminded that Walt was a real man and not just a corporate spokesman.

It's also indicative of a bygone era in this country. Now, this letter would be round-filed by Disney immediately. Does Bob Iger even open letters? Does his secretary even have a letter opener at her desk? Little Wendy would have to use the "Contact Us" page at Disney.com and receive an automated form letter in her email in 3 seconds.

And the only way Bob Iger and the head of Warner Brothers would ever talk would be through lawyers and sanitized third-party briefs that couldn't be held legally responsible for anything. Much less contain a well-placed four letter word for extra spice and wit! Go Walt!

To be fair, Steve Jobs does reply to emails. So did Michael Eisner, before he became the devil.

Also, the four letter word was to a friend. You don't think CEOs are pals enough to swear at each other these days?

Tigger1988

Little Wendy would have to use the "Contact Us" page at Disney.com and receive an automated form letter in her email in 3 seconds.

Not all inquires sent through the Contact Us page result in canned e-mails. I myself just received a phone call yesterday regarding an e-mail I sent last week. Imagine my surprise when I saw HOLLYWD STUDIOS on my phone's caller ID.

They do read, and respond when possible.

nolatron

Not all inquires sent through the Contact Us page result in canned e-mails. I myself just received a phone call yesterday regarding an e-mail I sent last week. Imagine my surprise when I saw HOLLYWD STUDIOS on my phone's caller ID.

My wife also got a call back from Disney a few weeks ago after she sent an email with a suggestion for their website.

trr1

they talk through other peoples undies?:hurl::hurl:

TP2000

I'm not talking about some low-level summer management trainee calling you back and following a script that oozes faux empathy. I'm talking about receiving a signed, hand-typed letter from Bob Iger that he dictated to his secretary. Walt did it in '64. Bob doesn't in '10.

I got one of those phone calls myself this week from Five Guys Burgers after their first location opened here in Orange County trying to compare themselves to In N' Out Burger, but their dining room was disgustingly dirty. The kid from Five Guys who called me was a hilarious riot of fake sincerity and cloying bribery. I declined his offer of a 10 dollar gift certificate, and told him he just needed to sweep the darn floor and wipe the tables. :lol:

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I'm not talking about some low-level summer management trainee calling you back and following a script that oozes faux empathy. I'm talking about receiving a signed, hand-typed letter from Bob Iger that he dictated to his secretary. Walt did it in '64. Bob doesn't in '10.

I got one of those phone calls myself this week from Five Guys Burgers after their first location opened here in Orange County trying to compare themselves to In N' Out Burger, but their dining room was disgustingly dirty. The kid from Five Guys who called me was a hilarious riot of fake sincerity and cloying bribery. I declined his offer of a 10 dollar gift certificate, and told him he just needed to sweep the darn floor and wipe the tables. :lol:

Hey no smack talk about 5 guys. I lived off those delicious burgers when i was on a out of town job. Good stuff. Now i cant stand firehouse subs. That was the other thing i lived off of and i cant go into one now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom