Dealing with all your camera gear

KeithVH

Original Poster
I'm curious to hear how everyone else stores their equipment. I'm about ready to go crazy as my DW decides to downsize and redo our spare closet (where I was storing everything).

I'm back to bodies and lenses in Pelican cases. I've used dry cases but don't really need that here. That's no real problem. The issue is everything else. Flashes, battery chargers, tripod stuff, cables (OMG), batteries, straps, BAGS(!), and all the other flotsam and jetsam that accompanies a photography hobby. Especially a lot of which is tiny little bits and pieces. And after almost 50 years, some hobby, some pro, I've got a chunk to store.

What do you do with all your stuff?

donsullivan

Premium Member
I actually bought some Ikea kallax storage systems, outfitted them with drawers (for the small bit stuff) and doors on the other segments to protect from dust. Now I have all my gear in multiple difference sizes of those cubes and it's all protected and tucked away. I left the bottom 2 segments empty of inserts on the tall one to slip my backpacks into.

thomas998

I've got two spots, a closet in the office has the old film cameras and older digital camera backs that really have no value but which I couldn't sell because it would hurt too much to see a camera that cost thousands go for 10 or 20 dollars if I was lucky. The cameras, flashes and accessories I use are all in a repurposed chest of drawers in the game room... Originally I was only using 1 drawer for cameras and stuff but over the years the number of drawers used has grown to 3... tripods are all in the game room closet a few missing the plates because the kids have borrowed the tripods and god only knows where the base plates are.

Timmay

I'm curious to hear how everyone else stores their equipment. I'm about ready to go crazy as my DW decides to downsize and redo our spare closet (where I was storing everything).

I'm back to bodies and lenses in Pelican cases. I've used dry cases but don't really need that here. That's no real problem. The issue is everything else. Flashes, battery chargers, tripod stuff, cables (OMG), batteries, straps, BAGS(!), and all the other flotsam and jetsam that accompanies a photography hobby. Especially a lot of which is tiny little bits and pieces. And after almost 50 years, some hobby, some pro, I've got a chunk to store.

What do you do with all your stuff?
I keep all the fiddly bits in one of those over-the-door shoe storage thingies. I’m sure that highly detailed description will help.

Cameras and lenses are stored in three camera backpacks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom