Deadpool & Wolverine

DCBaker

Premium Member
If you are a Disney+ subscriber, you can get a $10 Fandango Promo Code towards a Deadpool & Wolverine ticket, while supplies last.

Find the offer at this link: https://www2.activaterewards.com/disneyplusperks

GTSoyi_XwAAz74E (1).jpeg

BrianLo

Ditto. It’s Deadpool. It’s irreverent and a non stop ADHD joke track. I really can’t imagine the general audience won’t rant and rave about this one.

I was pleased that they didn’t overshare with previews after all. A real love letter to Fox Marvel as well.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So I added watching DP&W to my Disneyland trip this week. Watched it at the El Capitan yesterday for a 12:45p showing.

Great movie, lots of meta humor and as expected for a Deadpool movie lots of violence and language, so no Disneyfied version here, they even poke fun at Disney a bunch of times (and who says Disney has no sense of humor). Overall it was a fun time and great way to introduce both Deadpool and Wolverine into the MCU.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the update from Disney on the record-breaking Deadpool & Wolverine box office totals for the weekend - $205 million domestically and $438.3 million worldwide.

It was a record-breaking weekend for Marvel Studios’ Deadpool & Wolverine.

The film — which has Ryan Reynolds’ chatty Deadpool teaming up with Hugh Jackman’s iconic Wolverine —shattered records around the world making an estimated $438.3 million globally, including $205 million domestically.

That makes Deadpool & Wolverine the highest-grossing global opening for an R-rated film in box office history, surpassing Deadpool in 2016.

Domestically, it was the 8th highest-grossing opening of all time, the highest July opening weekend of all-time (surpassing 2019’s The Lion King), the biggest opening since 2021’s Spider-Man: No Way Home, and the second largest opening for a third installment behind only 2019’s Avengers: Endgame.

More at the link below:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the update from Disney on the record-breaking Deadpool & Wolverine box office totals for the weekend - $205 million domestically and $438.3 million worldwide.

It was a record-breaking weekend for Marvel Studios’ Deadpool & Wolverine.

The film — which has Ryan Reynolds’ chatty Deadpool teaming up with Hugh Jackman’s iconic Wolverine —shattered records around the world making an estimated $438.3 million globally, including $205 million domestically.

That makes Deadpool & Wolverine the highest-grossing global opening for an R-rated film in box office history, surpassing Deadpool in 2016.

Domestically, it was the 8th highest-grossing opening of all time, the highest July opening weekend of all-time (surpassing 2019’s The Lion King), the biggest opening since 2021’s Spider-Man: No Way Home, and the second largest opening for a third installment behind only 2019’s Avengers: Endgame.

More at the link below:

Disney says actuals came in a bit higher - $211 million domestically and $444.1 million worldwide.

That bump makes it the 6th highest-grossing opening ever domestically.

Per Disney, Deadpool & Wolverine has crossed the $1 billion mark at the global box office. The film currently sits at $494 million domestic and $535 million internationally.
Now Disney finally has the balls to do more R-rated/TV-MA-rated Marvel Studios/MCU projects like Marvel Zombies, Daredevil: Born Again, and Blade with Mahershala Ali (if they can get that script finished with no need to change it again and lock down a director that Mahershala Ali can get on the same page with).

Though I think they should let Thubderbolts (out next May) be Rated R if they want the character of Bob Reynolds/Sentry/The Void done justice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom