Dead camera!!

KeithVH

Original Poster
My 6D has gone to that big darkroom in the sky. I've a trip in mid-May so I'm stuck with an M6mII and a 70D. They're capable but . . .

My question to everyone - do I splurge and wait for an R6mII or just go get another (older model) 6D and keep wondering "what if?"? And then worry later about convincing DW I need to re-purchase the same lenses again:eek:.

drizgirl

What photo editing software do you use? It can be a piece of the equation and is holding me up from replacing my own (not yet dead, but 8 years old) 6D.

And what lenses do you have?

KeithVH

Original Poster
I usually go to Lightroom or PSP, depending on what I need to do. I've got some Ls (11-24mm f/4, 24-105mm f/4, 70-200mm f/2.8L) and a couple of regular lenses and the 3 basic ones (wide, mid, zoom) for the M. Not investing down that road anymore but I'm very concerned about IQ and using R adapters. Even more concerned spending a (possibly unnecessary) boatload on R glass.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
We have a 1st gen R6 and are really happy with it. We also have a 70D with some EF/L glass.

The RF adapter works. No issues with image quality. I’m not thrilled with the balance with larger/heavier zooms.

Our plan is to gradually phase out the EF gear. The RF glass, especially L series, is great overall. The next major purchase will be a R3 body, and retire the 70D.

When we purchased the R6 I’d intended to buy a 5D mkIV. It was the RF glass and the fact that development for EF is dead, that changed my mind.

KeithVH

Original Poster
We have a 1st gen R6 and are really happy with it. We also have a 70D with some EF/L glass.

The RF adapter works. No issues with image quality. I’m not thrilled with the balance with larger/heavier zooms.

Our plan is to gradually phase out the EF gear. The RF glass, especially L series, is great overall. The next major purchase will be a R3 body, and retire the 70D.

When we purchased the R6 I’d intended to buy a 5D mkIV. It was the RF glass and the fact that development for EF is dead, that changed my mind.
Thanks for the perspective. That is the dilemma I am facing. Glass is more important but my funds are constrained right now. Which gets me back to paying ~$1,400 more for the R6 than the 6D. I'm glad to hear about the adapter. Just have to get up the nerve to spend so much. That's becomes easier when I remember what I bought an EOS 1 and EOS 3 new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom