DDP questions

1sttimer

Original Poster
I'm beginning to think our group of 9 should get the Disney Dining Plan. We will be staying at CBR for 3 1/2 days (Thurs pm thru Mon early am). We only bought park hopper passes for 2 of the days. Can I add DDP now? Can I add DDP for every day or only the 2 pass days? Also want the family to be able to charge stuff to their rooms even tho we are picking up the tab for all; we have 3 rooms reserved so is the max we can charge $1000 per room or $1000 total? Thanks for the advice. You are all so good about helping a new kid.

Lucky

You should be able to re-book with free DDP for all 4 nights you are staying. It is likely but not for sure that free DDP is still available at CBR. Some resorts are already fully booked under that promotion.

You should be able to present a different credit card for each of the 3 rooms (if there are adults staying in each one) with a $1000 max chargeable to each. In any case, you can request to be allowed to go beyond the $1000 max.

1sttimer

Original Poster
Let me clarify that

We're going June 7-11 so I guess free dining is out. Just wondering if the DDP is tied to the number of park tickets. Can I buy the DDP when we check into the CRB? thanks

shari71

The DDP is for the number of nights you stay with a package deal that includes at least 1 day of Magic Your Way tickets, so yes you would get 4 nights of DDP. Everyone in a room has to be on the same plan. If you made you plans on your own, just call in and they can help you. If you made them through a travel agent, they should also be able to help. I don't know if you can add the DDP after you get there or not.

snoble

If you are going to add the dining plan you have to do it at least 3 days prior to your arrival. also my sister found out the hard way that you can't just call them up and add the DP. they had to cancel her existing room only reservation and re-book the entire package to include the dining plan. while she did eventually get the money for her origional reservation refunded to her credit card she still had to pay for everything all over again before she got her money back

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you booked a room with MYW ticktets, you can add DDP. If you ordered tickets separately from a room-only reservation, you'll have to cancel the tickets and room and re-book as a MYW package with dining.

You have to add dining before you arrive.

1sttimer

Original Poster
more questions?

I've read on the forums that I might have to cancel my reservations at the CBR and rebook them with the MYW plus dining. We are currently booked for 4 nights at CBR with 2 days of park hopper passes. In order to get DDP for 4 days will I have to cancel my original res and rebook with the DDP? Would I have to buy park tickets for all 4 days to get DDP for 4 days? I'm so confused I'm not even sure I'm making sense as I ask this. Sorry to bother you kind folks again.

shari71

Yes, you will probably have to cancel your current reservations and rebook, but you can stay with the 2 day ticket. The DDP only requires you to have 1 day ticket and the DDP is for the amount of nights you stay at the hotel - it is not based on the days you have tickets. We are going for 7 nights and have 8 days in tickets, but we only get DDP for the 7 nights, not the 8 days.

ypcat

You may or may not have to cancel and rebook. If you currently have a package (room and tickets) they can just add the dining plan I think. As has already been stated, the dining plan is based on number of resort nights not the number of days on your tickets.

1sttimer

Original Poster
So how does the DDP work? We have a group of 9; will each of us (even the kids) get a card loaded with our dining allowances? In that case the server would have scan each card? I just want to make sure everyone gets to eat if we split up in the parks.

Nemo14

Your dining plan is linked to the number of nights you are staying, so you can still just have the 2-day park hoppers. If you purchased them as a package deal with your reservation, they can just add the dining plan onto that reservation.
I strongly urge you to make reservations ASAP for any restaurants that you really want during that time.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So how does the DDP work? We have a group of 9; will each of us (even the kids) get a card loaded with our dining allowances? In that case the server would have scan each card? I just want to make sure everyone gets to eat if we split up in the parks.
Each room card has access to all of the credits for the room [if you have 9, presumably it'll be split between more than one room?], any one card can be presented [or if you have more than one room, you can present one from each room]. If you don't all attend the same meals, you should at least try to coordinate so everybody gets "their" meals...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom