DDP advice

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
Original Poster
Looking at the DDP, it covers Planet Hollywood. With the DDP, can you order ANYTHING from the entree and desert menu? Eg the steak at $22.99??

I just wondered in case you say your are using the DDP and they give you a cut down version of the menu?

If not, I now really need to think if it is worth the two of us getting - it is for our honeymoon end of July 08 :D

aleshad01

I have no idea but I am interested to see what others have to say. Were going during the free dining and this is the first time we have used the DDP.

disney21

:)We used the dining plan last year- and loved it - but unless it has changed.... yes you can order ANYTHING there isn't a different menu:)

Rob562

You can order any entree off of the menu. There are very few exceptions (your waiter will inform you of any). The only exceptions that I know of are items that are "add-ons" to an entree, like adding a lobster tail to your entree at Yachtsmen Steakhouse. You can order it, but would have to pay out-of-pocket for the add-on.

-Rob

wdwfan100

You can order any entree off of the menu. There are very few exceptions (your waiter will inform you of any). The only exceptions that I know of are items that are "add-ons" to an entree, like adding a lobster tail to your entree at Yachtsmen Steakhouse. You can order it, but would have to pay out-of-pocket for the add-on.

-Rob

Great point I would not of thought to point that out!!!:sohappy:

GoofyforWDW

Looking at the DDP, it covers Planet Hollywood. With the DDP, can you order ANYTHING from the entree and desert menu? Eg the steak at $22.99??

I just wondered in case you say your are using the DDP and they give you a cut down version of the menu?

If not, I now really need to think if it is worth the two of us getting - it is for our honeymoon end of July 08 :D

It is anything from the entree menu other than adds on as already mentioned.

I personally wouldn't class Planet Hollwood as one of the best choices, its ok it you are going for the fact that its planet hollywood but you can get much better food in parks or resorts, especially steak much better quality elsewhere.

Suppose everyone will have different opinions but thats just mine.

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
Original Poster
It is anything from the entree menu other than adds on as already mentioned.

I personally wouldn't class Planet Hollwood as one of the best choices, its ok it you are going for the fact that its planet hollywood but you can get much better food in parks or resorts, especially steak much better quality elsewhere.

Suppose everyone will have different opinions but thats just mine.

Thanks for the advice. I have only been to Disney once and to be honesy would be going to Planet Hollywood for the sake of Planet Hollywood :slurp:

I am now sitting down working out if the DDP is worth it which is a hard question to ask a forum of people who dont really know myself and my fiancee.

I doubt I would eat a dessert for a Counter Service if it was at lunch time.
I presume that the tax is included on the price for Snack and Counter Service meaning you pay with your Snack or Quick Service point and dont pay anything extra? As I have read there are some people debating the gratuity tip which you need to pay yourself for the Table Service - that doesnt bother me.

I guess Im just trying to work out if myself and my fiancee would really spend $37.99 or more a day on food. When looking at where we would eat and drink etc, the answer I find is SOMETIMES! :shrug:

The only times we would really save money was when we said we would be eating in Epcot or similar.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My personal take on the value of the DDP is it's only worthwhile if you work hard at maximizing the choice of entrees at TS restaurants [ordering Filet Mignon at every restaurant] or if it's during free dining. Otherwise, the only advantages are the less tangible not having to pay-as-you-go and pre-paying, neither of which are important to me.

Without DDP you have much more flexibility in what you order and where you eat. I honestly find there's just too much food provided. If you have APs or are a FLA Resident, DDE is a much better value and provides a lot more flexibility [including alcoholic drinks :slurp:].

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom