DDCT Parade Question

coolmark18

Original Poster
Just a quick question about the Disney Dreams Come True Parade at Magic Kingdom. Ive not seen it in person so forgive me if the answer is blindingly obvious.

I'm aware that the music has several parts to it which key into the different floats and sections of the parade. My question is how does this work?

Is a simple loop played through the speakers throughout the park, and the variations and speech are played through speakers on the floats?
Do the speakers throughout the park fade into the appropriate music depending on what float is passing by? And how does it know which float is nearest?
Does the speech (of Mickey, Peter Pan etc) just come from speakers in the float too?

Any info would be grand. Not for any important reason, just curious.

Cheers, Mark

Mybails

Many years ago there was a group of specials about Disney and the Imagineers. One of those specials was about sound and music. According to that program, the speakers throughout the park are programmed to play the music for the float or part of the parade in their sector. Thus if Alice is in front of you, you hear Alice if Goofy is in fron of Joe down the street, Joe hears Goofy.

DisneyJoe

There are sensors/transmitters in each float as well as in the ground, so the control center always knows precisely where each float is and can play the appropriate music.

maryszhi

Just a quick question about the Disney Dreams Come True Parade at Magic Kingdom. Ive not seen it in person so forgive me if the answer is blindingly obvious.

I'm aware that the music has several parts to it which key into the different floats and sections of the parade. My question is how does this work?

Is a simple loop played through the speakers throughout the park, and the variations and speech are played through speakers on the floats?
Do the speakers throughout the park fade into the appropriate music depending on what float is passing by? And how does it know which float is nearest?
Does the speech (of Mickey, Peter Pan etc) just come from speakers in the float too?

Any info would be grand. Not for any important reason, just curious.

Cheers, Mark
there is a special on the travel channel that explains it. hopefully the previous posters answered because im bad at explaining things. i just searched and its on youtube

mpaul32001

Well, the Underliner, that's the theme without the voices is played through the park speakers along the route. The voices and special audio like you were saying, for each float are played from the float, and only from the float.

At least that's how it works for the DDCTP. I know other parades in the past have been different, such as Spectromagic, and Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.

Horizonstta

Well, the Underliner, that's the theme without the voices is played through the park speakers along the route. The voices and special audio like you were saying, for each float are played from the float, and only from the float.

At least that's how it works for the DDCTP. I know other parades in the past have been different, such as Spectromagic, and Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.

None of the float music comes through the area speakers, which plays just the underliner, on any of the recent MK parades (including hard ticket parades).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom