DCL with small children?

SoundstageCP'95

I have a three year old and a 15 month old. I'm wondering if the DCL is a good choice for a vacation, or should we just go to WDW and wait a couple years for a cruise? Any advice from those who have young children and have gone on the cruise would be great. Thanks.

Yellow Shoes

Personally, I'd wait to spend major bucks on a vacation until they are both potty trained and able to last most of the day without major meltdowns.

Please don't flame me. I just would never put myself through all the hassles of traveling with toddlers. Mine first went when they were 5 and I swear I would never take a child younger than that. For us, a WDW trip is a huge percentage of several years' income and we want to maximize everyone's enjoyment.

At 1 & 3 years old, my kids were thrilled to "paint" the sidewalk with an old paintbrush and a bucket of water. IMHO, a major vacation wouild have been "wasted" on them.

This is my opinion. You have yours.

I would wait on the cruise until both are old enough for the on-board child center -- whatever that is called. That way you two can have some alone time and not be dragging around a 1 year old.

Upvote 0

HebeJebe

Almost 2 full floors are dedicated to the kids on the ship. I know there is a nursery there as well. I would check the ages for the nursery, I think that may be an additional fee. I have been on the cruise twice, without children, but the kids that I did see loved it there.

Upvote 0

Figaro

We're going in late September on the 4 night with our DS, almost 4. We wanted to wait until he was potty trained so he could go to the clubs. We also are doing the 4 night for a "trial run" to see how he would do on the 7.

From what I understand, DCL is very kids friendly, even with the littlest kids. The nursery is supposed to be really nice and the clubs are "open" at certain times for parents to take their younger kids in to play.

It really depends on what you are comfortable with. We have no problem travelling with our son, but like Yellow Shoes, we chose to wait atleast until he was potty trained for the Mickey Cruise. If we have another child, I don't know if we would wait again.

If you are interested in more info, PM me!

Upvote 0

sigsegv

From what I've read, a) DCL has great kids programs and b) they're for potty-trained kids and older. They have a nursery for non-potty-trained kids (Flounder's Reef?), but they fill up quickly (get ressies as soon as you get on the ship). I seem to recall the hours being fairly limited too.

-sig

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom